VENUE HIRE AGREEMENT
This contract for the Hire of a venue is made this _____day of______________20____, by and between The Soaring Eagle Casino, hereafter referred to as the Owner, and SwoleConnect, Inc., hereafter referred to as the Hirer (collectively referred to as the “Parties” or individually as the “Party”) and includes that party’s successors and assigns.
Whereas, the Hirer desires to temporarily hire, occupy, and make use of the Owner’s property, located at ______________________________________________________________(address)hereinafter “venue” and
Whereas, the Owner agrees to such Hire, occupation, and use in consideration of certain payments and covenants herein enumerated;
Now, therefore, the parties agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Hirer shall have access to and use the venue on 27th May 2022 from 7 pm – 10 pm EST) to host the Hirer’s gala event, hereinafter “event”. The end of the event shall constitute the “contract expiration date”.
- Owner shall provide to Hirer all keys, access control codes, and other items necessary to give Hirer access to the venue.
- Owner shall reserve the above event date exclusively for the Hirer and shall not make it available to anyone else.
- Owner shall ensure that the venue is fit for the purpose in which it is being hired and shall indemnify and hold the Hirer harmless for any damages sustained due to breach of this provision. Specifically, and without limiting the generality of the aforementioned, the Owner shall remove the partitions to allow access to the full 600-person seating in the ballroom.
- Owner shall undertake operations (general and audio-visual support). This will include setting up tables and chairs/break down tables and chairs, lighting, A/V, and a screen to showcase videos throughout the night. The Owner’s production team shall provide a means of displaying videos on the stage throughout the event and shall work with the Hire’s team to display the proper videos and make sure the audio works.
- Owner shall be in charge of catering. They shall:
- Provide cash bars in the ballroom for guests
- Cover the cost per plate for their casino VIPs (100 of them)
- Cover the cost per plate of all attendees
The parties agree that the Owner shall keep all the bars liquor sales from the event.
- Owner shall be in charge of marketing the event. They shall:
- Follow their normal path of marketing/advertising on timing and budgetary spend.
- Cover the cost of the creative specialty invites for their casino VIPs according to their budget.
- Work in good faith to see if any celebrity “friends” of the casino are interested in receiving an invite, but they shall not guarantee any type of presence. They shall not use their budget dollars to invite additional celebrity guests to this event beyond the casino VIPs they determine should receive them.
- Hirer shall work to drive the guests to the gaming floor to drive gaming revenue for the Owner.
- Hirer shall give the Owner 100 tickets for their Casino VIPs for FREE.
- Hirer will be liable for damages that Owner may incur as a consequence of the Hirer’s actions or those of the Hirer’s guests while Hirer is in control of the venue, and shall indemnify and hold harmless the Owner against such damages.
- Hirer shall pay Owner $______________, on ________________(date) as a security deposit which shall be returned to the Hirer minus any charges for actual damages done to the venue by Hirer or their guests upon the expiration of the contract period described above and not later than ______days after the said expiration.
- Hirer shall pay Owner the sum of $_________________on ____________(date) for hiring the venue.
- Within _______days of the contract period’s expiration, Hirer shall tender to Owner all keys and other access control devices in their possession. In addition, Hirer shall remove all personal property, trash, and other items not present in the venue when Hirer took control of it.
- If any party fails to pay any amount due within the period agreed upon in this contract, interest shall accrue upon the unpaid balance at the rate of _________% per _______until it is paid. The owing party shall also be liable to the other party for any legal fees, court costs, and other expenses associated with collection.
- Any disputes arising under this contract shall be resolved through Mediation.
- General provisions
- This Agreement may be amended only by the written consent of the parties hereto.
- If any provision is held to be invalid or unenforceable, it shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between the parties. It supersedes all prior oral or written agreements or understandings between the parties concerning the subject matter of this Agreement. The parties will exercise utmost good faith in this Agreement.
- Unless otherwise provided, failure by either party to enforce any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement shall not be a waiver of their right to enforce the terms and conditions of this Agreement. A waiver by one party of any right or benefit provided in this Agreement does not infer or permit a further waiver of that right or benefit, nor does it infer or permit a waiver of any other right or benefit provided in this Agreement.
- This Agreement may be executed in any number of counterparts, each of which shall be an original and all of which shall together constitute the same instrument.
- The Article and Section headings in this Agreement are for convenience, and they form in no part of this Agreement and shall not affect its interpretation.
- Whenever used herein, the singular number shall include the plural, and the plural number shall include the singular.
- Any references herein to the masculine gender or the masculine form of any noun, adjective, or possessive shall be construed to include the feminine or neuter gender and form, and vice versa.
- This Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the Laws of the State of Michigan.
- Any notice required to be given between the parties pursuant to the provisions of this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be deemed to have been given at the time when actually received as a consequence of any effective method of delivery at the following addresses (including email) or such changed address as the party shall have specified by written notice, provided that any notice of change of address shall be effective only upon actual receipt.
Owner: Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort
6800 Soaring Eagle Blvd
Mount Pleasant, MI 48858
Hirer: SwoleConnect, Inc.
25 N Lincoln Rd
Mt Pleasant, MI 48858
In witness of their understanding of this Agreement, the parties affix their signatures below. Both parties whose signatures appear below hereby warrant that they are fully authorized and entitled to enter into this Agreement and agree on the dates written below by affixing their signatures below.
Hirer’s signature Owner’s signature
Printed Name Printed Name
At Legal writing experts, we would be happy to assist in preparing any legal document you need. We are international lawyers and attorneys with significant experience in legal drafting, Commercial-Corporate practice and consulting. In the last few years, we have successfully undertaken similar assignments for clients from different jurisdictions. If given this opportunity, The LegalPen will be able to prepare the legal document within the shortest time possible. You can send us your quick enquiry ( here )