The following Terms and Conditions apply specifically to the FIRST Conference (‘EVENT’). ‘EVENT VENUE’
refers to the location where the EVENT is held. Sponsorships are granted on a first-come, first-served
basis. The Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams, Inc. (‘FIRST’) reserves the right to reject any
prospective sponsor company (‘SPONSOR’) that it deems inappropriate. SPONSOR includes any person,
firm, company, corporation, institution, association, or committee to whom the sponsorship is
allocated. Terms and Conditions are subject to change without any prior notice.
- All sponsorships will be awarded on a first-
come, first-served basis. SPONSORS need to be
committed to computer security improvement,
concerned about the security infrastructure of
the Internet and associated communications
elements, and be supportive of FIRST’s mission
to participate in this conference as a
SPONSOR. FIRST retains the right to reject any
sponsor that it deems inappropriate without
giving any reason.
- After written acceptance by FIRST, the
SPONSOR must provide a logo image (in. AI or.
EPS, the format required by FIRST) and other
details required (such as correct use of the
sponsor’s name, trademarks, etc.) to FIRST
within 30 days of receipt of acceptance.
- Sponsorship agreements cannot be
processed without payment. Funds must
be payable in US dollars. All cheques
should be made payable to FIRST.
SPONSOR shall be responsible for any taxes
on the sponsorship fee and any costs from
a bounced or rejected cheque.
- The sponsor may cancel the sponsorship
by written notification to FIRST up to 60-
days prior to the EVENT start date.
Sponsorship cannot be canceled after
that date because FIRST incurs the cost
of printing and other
sponsorship recognition and loss of sponsorship.
Suppose notification of cancellation is received within
60-days of the EVENT start. In that case, FIRST will
attempt to revise sponsor recognition items as
feasible, and FIRST shall be entitled to retain
100% of the sponsorship fee as damages.
- Should any unforeseen event that is beyond
the control of FIRST render the fulfillment of
this agreement by FIRST impossible or
impractical, FIRST may return a portion of
the amount paid for the sponsorship after
deduction of any amounts necessary to cover
expenses incurred in connection with work
performed on the production of the EVENT
prior to the occurrence of the unforeseen
event. Such expenses shall include but not
be limited to expenses incurred by FIRST due
to contracts with third parties for services or
products connected with the EVENT,
including out-of-pocket expenses and
overhead expenses attributable to the
EVENT’s production. No funds will be
returned should the dates or location of the
show be changed by FIRST, but the
sponsorship benefits will be applied to the
EVENT held at the changed location and/or
changed date. FIRST shall not be financially
liable if the show is interrupted, canceled,
moved, or dates changed except as provided
- The sponsorship fee does not include free
EVENT registration unless expressly stated in
the sponsorship opportunity details.
- Provision of FIRST conference sponsorship does
not entitle the SPONSOR to a waiver of any
applicable annual FIRST membership fee.
- Accommodation costs are not included in the
conference registration fee or sponsorship
fee. Attendees are responsible for making
their lodging arrangements.
- All sponsorship materials must be submitted
45-days prior to the EVENT start date to
ensure inclusion in the production
schedule. Sponsorship requests after this
date may still be accepted with caveats.
- SPONSORS may not sublet, assign, or
apportion any part of the item(s) sponsored
nor represent, advertise, or distribute
literature or materials for the products or
services of any other firm or organization
except as approved in writing by FIRST.
- FIRST will not be liable for damage or
loss to a SPONSOR’S properties through
fire, theft, accident, or any other cause,
whether the result of negligence or
- No part of an exhibit and no signs or other
materials may be pasted, nailed, or
otherwise affixed to walls, doors, or other
surfaces in a way that mars or defaces the
EVENT VENUE premises or equipment and
furnishings. Damage from failure to observe
this notice is payable by the SPONSOR.
- Sponsorship is not limited to financial
support per se but can also provide material
hardware/software, etc. Should your
company be interested in a sponsorship
package not listed in this brochure, please
feel free to contact us to discuss your
- FIRST reserves the right to select and finalize
the design of each branded conference item.
SPONSORS may request to sponsor single or
multiple items/ events.
- For sponsorship opportunities that include
signage, please note – signage space may be
limited. The FIRST organizers will inform each
SPONSOR of the maximum size, number of
In order to limit costs, FIRST may limit the
number of colors used for the printing of
- If a SPONSOR wants to negotiate for a higher-
priced item (e.g., higher quality shirt, bag,
menu, etc.) than FIRST has budgeted,
SPONSOR must pay any additional cost for that
item in addition to the applicable sponsorship
- The attendee list shall remain the property of
FIRST. SPONSOR is granted a limited,
nonexclusive license to use the list for
legitimate correspondence related to
computer security incident response matters
only. SPONSOR may not transfer the list to
another party nor allow another party access
to the list. Any SPONSOR violating these
restrictions may be subject to an infringement
claim. In addition, SPONSOR may not be allowed
to sponsor subsequent FIRST events at the sole
discretion of FIRST.
- The sponsor agrees to indemnify and hold
harmless FIRST and its employees from and
against all liability, claims, demands, loss, or
damage which may arise out of or are in any
manner connected with the work to be
- All FIRST funds are used to support the
organization’s mission, including any
net revenue from the EVENT.
- At Legal writing experts, we would be happy to assist in preparing any legal document you need. We are international lawyers and attorneys with significant experience in legal drafting, Commercial-Corporate practice and consulting. In the last few years, we have successfully undertaken similar assignments for clients from different jurisdictions. If given this opportunity, The LegalPen will be able to prepare the legal document within the shortest time possible. You can send us your quick enquiry ( here )