This Tenancy Agreement (“this Agreement”) is entered on [ENTER DATE] by and between [ENTER NAME] of address [ENTER ADDRESS] (“Landlord”), and [ENTER NAME] of address [ENTER ADDRESS] (“Tenant”), (Individually “Party” and Collectively “Parties”).
Now, as consideration for this agreement, Landlord agrees to lease to Tenant and Tenant agrees to lease from Landlord, the property located at [ENTER ADDRESS] (“the property”).
THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual promises herein contained, and other good and valuable consideration, it is agreed:
- Landlord hereby leases the property to Tenant, and Tenant hereby leases the same from Landlord, for the time Tenant wishes to stay at the property (“term”).
- On [ENTER DATE], Tenant shall have possession of the property.
Tenant shall pay to Landlord a monthly rent of [ENTER AMOUNT] exclusive of any taxes.
- SECURITY DEPOSIT
Tenant shall pay a security deposit of [ENTER AMOUNT].
Notwithstanding the forgoing, Tenant SHALL NOT use the property for any commercial purpose.
- CONDITION OF PREMISES
- Tenant acknowledges that he has examined the property and that said property is in good satisfactory condition.
- Tenant agrees to keep the property and all items in good order and good condition and to immediately pay for costs to repair and/or replace any portion of the property damaged by Tenant, invitees and visitors as provided by law.
- At the termination of this Agreement, Tenant shall leave the property in clean and good condition except for reasonable wear and tear and the property shall be free of all personal property and trash not belonging to Landlord.
Tenant shall pay all charges for sewer, gas, electricity, and other services and utilities used by Tenant on the property during the term unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing by Landlord.
Landlord shall have the right to enter upon the property at reasonable hours to inspect the same, provided Landlord shall not thereby unreasonably interfere with Tenant’s enjoyment on the property.
- THE PROPERTY’S RULES
Tenant will comply with the rules of the property adopted and altered by Landlord from time to time and will cause all of its agents, employees, invitees and visitors to do so; all changes to such rules will be sent by Landlord to Tenant in writing.
- PARTIAL INVALIDITY
- Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as waiving any of the Landlord’s or Tenant’s rights under the law.
- If any part of this Agreement shall be in conflict with the law, that part shall be void to the extent that it is in conflict but shall not invalidate this Agreement nor shall it affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement.
- NO WAIVER
- Landlord’s acceptance of rent with knowledge of any default by Tenant or waiver by Landlord of any breach of any term of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of subsequent breaches.
- Failure to require compliance or to exercise any right shall not be constituted as a waiver by Landlord of said term, condition, and/or right, and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any provision of this Agreement.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT
This Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between Landlord and Tenant. No oral agreements have been entered into, and all modifications or notices shall be in writing to be valid.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION
If a dispute arises, any party to the dispute will give notice to each other party. After notice has been given, the parties in good faith will attempt to negotiate a resolution of the dispute.
- GOVERNING LAW
This Agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with its subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Texas.
- This Agreement will be terminated if the Tenant destroys the property or fails to make his payments. It shall also be terminated if Tenant does anything illegal/prohibited by law.
- Upon termination, the obligations of the Tenant to pay and/or compensate the Landlord for any damage and/or loss would remain until fully performed. Therefore, termination of this Agreement does not release the Tenant from his liability for breach of the Agreement.
In Witness Whereof, this Agreement is duly executed by the duly authorized representatives of the parties as set forth below:
Landlord’s Signature Date
Tenant’s Signature Date
At Legal writing experts, we would be happy to assist in preparing any legal document you need. We are international lawyers and attorneys with significant experience in legal drafting, Commercial-Corporate practice and consulting. In the last few years, we have successfully undertaken similar assignments for clients from different jurisdictions. If given this opportunity, The LegalPen will be able to prepare the legal document within the shortest time possible. You can send us your quick enquiry ( here )