________________________________ (“THE CONTRACTOR”)
THIS AGREEMENT is made on the …………..day of……….20……., (hereinafter “Effective Date”) by the Client and the Contractor (collectively referred to as the “Parties” or individually as the “Party”) and includes that Party’s successors and assigns.
In consideration of covenants and agreements contained in this Agreement, and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, Parties agree to the following terms and conditions and to be bound thereby:
Term: This Agreement shall be valid from the Effective Date until termination.
Services: The Contractor shall provide the following services to the Client. (select as appropriate)
☐Link building services
- The Contractor shall perform their services faithfully, diligently, per this Agreement, to the reasonable satisfaction of the Client and per acceptable industry standards.
- The Contractor will create a content and content strategy depending on the selected Service (s) or package bought.
- Acceptance by 3rd parties is not guaranteed since the Contractor does have control over their publishing schedule; the Contractor’s duty is to contact 3rd parties and create the content to go in their pieces.
Payment: For the Services rendered, the Client shall compensate the Contractor with a monthly fee of $___________________which is dependent on the Service(s) selected.
Payments should be made in advance before the Services are rendered. Payments are required whether 3rd party publishers publish or not; outreach can be rolled over. Some publishers may not publish within the same month, but payment is still needed.
Autonomy: Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, the Contractor will have full control over working time, methods, and decision-making in relation to the provision of the services per the Agreement. The Contractor will work autonomously and not at the direction of the Client. However, the Contractor will be responsive to the reasonable needs and concerns of the Client and comply with all the Client rules.
Expenses: The Contractor shall be responsible for all expenses related to providing the Services under this Agreement. This includes but is not limited to supplies, equipment, operating costs, business costs, employment costs, taxes, Social Security contributions/payments, disability insurance, unemployment taxes, and other costs.
Contractor agrees that any intellectual property and associated rights owned, discovered, or developed by them, solely or jointly with others, in connection with their services performed under this Agreement, shall constitute works for hire and shall automatically, upon their creation or discovery, become the exclusive property of the Client.
The Contractor, however, retains the right to distribute or use the said intellectual property as case studies.
Relationship of the Parties: The relationship of the parties hereto is that of an independent contractor. Accordingly, the Parties hereto are not deemed agents, partners, or joint venturers of the others for any purpose due to this Agreement or the transactions contemplated thereby.
Withholding, Taxes, Benefits, and Insurance: The Contractor and the Client understand that it is the Contractor’s sole responsibility for withholding, accruing, and paying all income taxes, withholding taxes, continued Service under this Agreement taxes, social security, and other taxes and amounts required by law for the payment made to the Independent Contractor Fee herein and all payments to their personnel if any. Neither the Contractor nor any of his personnel is an employee or agent of the Client for any purpose whatsoever and shall not be entitled to paid vacation days, sick days, holidays, or any other benefits provided to the Client employees. The Independent Contractor will also be responsible for all worker’s compensation insurance, public liability insurance, statutory insurance, and other benefits required by law for the Contractor and the personnel, and all other benefits promised to the personnel by the Independent Contractor, if any, arising out of or relating to this Agreement.
Non-assignment: Neither Party shall transfer or assign this Agreement without the other Party’s consent which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld or delayed.
Indemnification. A Party shall indemnify the other Party from and against all claim, loss, and damage caused by them in connection with this Contract. In the event the claim, loss, or damage are caused jointly by the Parties, each Party shall bear the claims, loss, or damage in proportion to their degree of contribution to the claim, loss, or damage.
Confidentiality: All non-public, confidential, or proprietary information of a Party (Disclosing Party), whether disclosed orally or disclosed or accessed in written, electronic or other form or media, and whether or not marked, designated or otherwise identified as “confidential” in connection with this Contract is confidential, solely for the use of performing this Contract and may not be disclosed or copied unless authorized in advance by the Disclosing Party in writing. Upon the Disclosing Party’s request, the other Party (Recipient Party) shall promptly return all documents and other confidential materials received from Disclosing Party. Disclosing Party shall be entitled to injunctive relief for any violation of this Section. This Section does not apply to information that is: (a) in the public domain; (b) known to Recipient Party at the time of disclosure, or (c) rightfully obtained by Recipient Party on a non-confidential basis from a third party. In addition, this Agreement is confidential and cannot be divulged to third parties by a Party, unless as provided by law, without the written consent of the other Party.
Further Assurances: Each Party hereto agrees to perform any further acts and to execute and deliver any further documents that may be reasonably necessary to carry out the provisions of this Agreement.
Force Majeure: For this Agreement, “Force Majeure” means an event which a diligent party could not have reasonably avoided in the circumstances, which is beyond the control of a party and includes, but is not limited to, war, riots, civil disorder, earthquake, storm, flood or adverse weather conditions, strikes, lockouts or other industrial action, terrorist acts, confiscation or any other action by government agencies.
A Party’s failure to fulfill its obligations due to Force Majeure shall not be considered a breach of this Agreement, provided that the Party has taken all reasonable precautions, due care, reasonable alternative measures, and minimal delay all to carry out the terms of this Agreement.
- Either Party may terminate this Agreement upon giving the other Party no less than thirty days’ notice in writing through email. If a Party wishes to terminate the Contract with less than these stated days, the other Party reserves the right to charge costs they have already paid in advance or incurred.
- This Agreement will automatically terminate upon completion of the Services.
- The termination of this Agreement shall not discharge the liabilities accumulated by either Party.
- Any Clauses intended by the Parties or this Agreement to survive the termination of this Agreement shall survive the termination of this Agreement by whatever cause.
Dispute resolution: Parties agree to settle disputes herein through one of the following: (select one)
☐Negotiation ☐Mediation ☐Arbitration ☐Litigation
Court Costs and Attorneys’ Fees: In any action under this Agreement, the prevailing Party shall be entitled to recover costs of court and reasonable attorneys’ fees from the other Party, which fees shall be in addition to any other relief that may be awarded.
Parties’ acknowledgments: The Parties acknowledge that they have been provided with the opportunity to negotiate this Agreement and to seek legal counsel before signing this Agreement. In addition, they acknowledge that they have the capacity to contract and enter into this Agreement and that further, they have entered into this Agreement freely and voluntarily.
- This Agreement may be amended only by the written consent of the Parties hereto.
- If any provision is held to be invalid or unenforceable, it shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between the Parties. It supersedes all prior oral or written agreements or understandings between the Parties concerning the subject matter of this Agreement. The parties will exercise utmost good faith in this Agreement.
- Unless otherwise provided, failure by either Party to enforce any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement shall not be a waiver of their right to enforce the terms and conditions of this Agreement. No waiver by either Party of any breach of, or of compliance with, any condition or provision of this Agreement by the other Party shall be considered a waiver of any other condition or provision or of the same condition or provision at another time.
- This Agreement may be executed in any number of counterparts, each of which shall be an original and all of which constitute the same instrument.
- The Article and Section headings in this Agreement are for convenience, and they form in no part of this Agreement and shall not affect its interpretation.
- Whenever used herein, the singular number shall include the plural, and the plural number shall include the singular.
- Any references herein to the masculine gender or the masculine form of any noun, adjective, or possessive shall be construed to include the feminine or neuter gender and form, and vice versa.
- This Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of _________________and its Courts without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- Any notice required to be given between the Parties pursuant to the provisions of this Agreement shall be through email and shall be deemed to have been given at the time when actually received or such changed email address as the Party shall have specified, provided that any notice of change of the email address shall be effective only upon actual receipt.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, each of the Parties has executed this Agreement, as set forth below.
|Signed by the duly authorized representative of the CLIENT/CLIENTSignature: Name: Designation: Date:||Signed by the duly authorized representative of the CONTRACTORSignature: Name: Designation: Date:|
At Legal writing experts, we would be happy to assist in preparing any legal document you need. We are international lawyers and attorneys with significant experience in legal drafting, Commercial-Corporate practice and consulting. In the last few years, we have successfully undertaken similar assignments for clients from different jurisdictions. If given this opportunity, The LegalPen will be able to prepare the legal document within the shortest time possible. You can send us your quick enquiry ( here )