We are committed to protecting your privacy, and this policy explains how we collect and process personal information about you when you visit our website and when you use our products and services (our “Services”), or when you otherwise do business with us.
Please read this privacy notice carefully as it will help you understand what we do with the information that we collect.
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register on the Services, express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services, when you participate in activities on the Services or otherwise when you contact us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Services, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
- Account details- username, password, profile picture
- Contact Details- email address, phone number
- Location Details- Physical Address, billing address, time zone
- Identity details- full name, proof of identity, proof of address, photograph of the user
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Services. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about who and when you use our Services and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
We may collect personal information where we act as a data processor: We also process personal information on behalf of our customers in the context of supporting our products and services. Where a customer subscribes to our services, they will be the ones who control what data is collected and stored on our systems. For example, they may ask us to request from you basic user data (e.g. email address), but may request more detailed information (e.g your billing address). In such cases, we are data processors acting in accordance with the instructions of our customers. You will need to refer to the privacy policies of our customers to find out more about how such information is handled by them.
- WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with WEBSITE applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Affiliates. We may share your information with our affiliates, in which case we will require those affiliates to honor this privacy notice. Affiliates include our parent company and any subsidiaries, joint venture partners or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- HOW WILL WE USE YOUR DATA?
The personal information we collect from you may be used in one or more of the following ways:
- To deal with inquiries, requests and technical support (your information helps us respond to your individual needs)
- To create and administer records about any online content that you register with us.
- To provide you with information and access to resources that you have requested from us.
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you), include to improve the navigation and content of our sites.
- For website and system administration and security
- For general business purposes, including to improve customer service (your information helps us improve the content and functionality of our Services, to protect against wrongdoing, to enforce our Terms of Service, and to generally manage business.
- To process transactions and to provide Services to our customers and end-users.
- For recruitment purposes, in the event you apply for a job with us.
- To administer contests, promotions, or other content across our site.
- HOW DO WE STORE YOUR DATA
We may retain your personal information as long as you continue to use the Services, have an account with us, or for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes outline in the policy. You can ask to close your account by contacting us at the details at the bottom of this document, and we will delete your personal information on request.
We may, however, retain personal information for an additional period as is permitted or required under applicable laws, for legal, tax or regulatory reasons, or for legitimate and lawful business purposes.
- WHAT ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
If you are from the EU, you may the right to access a copy of the personal information we hold about you, or to request the correction, amendment, or deletion of such information where it is inaccurate or processed in violation of the principles of the Privacy Shield framework. To make such a request, please contact us at the contact details at the bottom of this document.
We will consider and respond to your request in accordance with the Privacy Shield equivalent framework and applicable laws.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. If you access other websites using the links provided, the operators of these websites may collect information from you that will be used by them in accordance with their privacy policies. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore, have no responsibility of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
You may contact our support staff by clicking here and going to this submission page or by emailing us at ______________. We endeavor to respond to all messages within 24 hours, but depending on the nature of your request, it may take longer.
At Legal writing experts, we would be happy to assist in preparing any legal document you need. We are international lawyers and attorneys with significant experience in legal drafting, Commercial-Corporate practice and consulting. In the last few years, we have successfully undertaken similar assignments for clients from different jurisdictions. If given this opportunity, The LegalPen will be able to prepare the legal document within the shortest time possible. You can send us your quick enquiry ( here )