- EFFECTIVE DATE AND PARTIES
This non-disclosure agreement (the “Agreement”) is entered into on the ______ day of ________________, 20____.(“effective date”), between JFW PHOTOGRAPHY INC (“Discloser”) located at ____________________________________________________________________________________and ____________________________________________(“Recipient”). The Discloser and Recipient may each be referred to as a “Party” or collectively as the “Parties” in this Agreement.
- CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
2.1. This Agreement shall assure the protection and preservation of confidential information to be disclosed or made available by the Discloser (or their representatives), to the Recipient (or their representatives), in connection with a potential real estate photography relationship as the case may be between the Parties.
2.2. For all purposes of this agreement, the term “Confidential Information” shall collectively refer to all non-public information or material disclosed or provided by one Party to the other, either orally or in writing in relation to the agreement between the parties.
2.3. The term “Confidential Information” means all information provided by the Discloser (or their representatives) to the Recipient (or their Representatives), on or after the effective date, including, but not limited to:
i. The business plans, ideas, affairs, or operations of the Discloser or their representatives;
ii. Intellectual property legally belonging to the Discloser e,g their flashguns and the process at which they shoot the properties; and
iii. All other information or material that is marked or identified as “confidential” or “proprietary” or that is otherwise disclosed under circumstances that would lead a reasonable person to understand that such information is confidential or proprietary.
- Confidential information also includes any analyses, compilations, studies, or other material or documents prepared by the Recipient party which contain, reflect, or are based, in whole or in part, on the confidential information disclosed by the Discloser.
- OBLIGATIONS OF THE RECEIVING PARTY
3.1. The Recipient and their representatives may use the confidential information only for fulfilling their obligations under their employment contracts and for no other purpose.
3.2. The Recipient must use a reasonable degree of care to protect the confidential information and prevent unauthorized use or disclosure of the confidential information.
3.3. The Recipient may share the confidential information with their representatives who need to know it in connection with the employment contract and only if they have agreed in writing to keep the information confidential on terms no less protective of the confidential information, than the terms contained in this agreement.
3.4. The Recipient shall not, without the prior written approval of the Discloser, use for the Recipient’s benefit, publish, copy, or otherwise disclose to others, or permit the use by others for their benefit or to the detriment of the Discloser, any confidential information.
3.5. The Recipient shall promptly notify the other Party of any unauthorized disclosure of the confidential information or any other breach of this agreement by such Party or, to such Party’s knowledge or by their representatives.
3.6. The Recipient shall return to the Discloser all records, notes, and other written, printed, or tangible materials in their possession pertaining to confidential information immediately if the Discloser requests it.
- EXCLUSION FROM CONFIDENTIALITY TREATMENT
Confidential information shall not include information or material that:
- Is publicly available or becomes publicly available through no action or fault of the Recipient.
- Was already in the Recipient’s possession or known to the Recipient before being disclosed or provided to the Recipient by or on behalf of the other Party, provided, that, the source of such information or material was not bound by a contractual, legal or fiduciary obligation of confidentiality to the non-disclosing party or any other party with respect thereto.
- Is independently developed by the Recipient without reference to the confidential information.
- Was known to the Recipient or their representatives free of restriction before the receipt from the Discloser.
- Recipient or their representatives may disclose confidential information when compelled to do so by a valid court order or other governmental body, provided the Recipient provides prompt prior notice to the Discloser if allowed.
The non-disclosure provisions of this agreement shall survive the termination of this agreement, and the Recipient’s duty to hold the confidential information in confidence shall remain in effect until the confidential information no longer qualifies as confidential information or until the Discloser sends the Recipient written notice releasing the Recipient from this agreement, whichever occurs first.
- PRIOR AGREEMENTS.
This agreement expresses the complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter and supersedes all prior proposals, agreements, representations, and understandings. This agreement may not be amended except in writing signed by both parties.
- GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
7.1.This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts, excluding its conflict-of-laws principles.
7.2. Any dispute under this agreement shall be resolved by Negotiation. Parties shall act in good faith to resolve the dispute. Nothing in this section shall be construed as limiting the Court’s jurisdiction.
- If a court finds any provision of this agreement invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this agreement shall be interpreted so as to best effect the intent of the Parties.
- This agreement expresses the complete understanding of the parties concerning the subject matter and supersedes all prior proposals, agreements, representations, and understandings. This agreement may not be amended, assigned, or transferred except in writing signed by both Parties.
- Each Party signing this agreement either directly or through a representative is duly authorized to do so.
- The Parties may execute this agreement in counterparts, which taken together will constitute one instrument. Execution of a PDF copy will have the same force and effect as execution of an original, and an electronic signature will be deemed an original and valid signature.
By signing below, the Parties agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement as of the Effective Date above.
Signature: _______________________________ Signature: _______________________________
Print Name: ______________________________ Print Name: ______________________________
Title: ___________________________________ Title: ___________________________________
At Legal writing experts, we would be happy to assist in preparing any legal document you need. We are international lawyers and attorneys with significant experience in legal drafting, Commercial-Corporate practice and consulting. In the last few years, we have successfully undertaken similar assignments for clients from different jurisdictions. If given this opportunity, The LegalPen will be able to prepare the legal document within the shortest time possible. You can send us your quick enquiry ( here )