MOVING SERVICES AGREEMENT.
This Moving Services Agreement (hereinafter referred to as the “Agreement”) is made and entered on this ____ day of _____ 2021 (the “Effective Date”), between Cherry City Mover LLC, Contact Info: _____________________________ (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”), and ___________________________________, Contact Info: _____________________ (herein referred to as the “Client”).
NOW THEREOF, in consideration of the mutual covenants and promises made by the Parties hereto, the Parties covenant and agree as follows:
The initial term of this Agreement shall be for a period of _____________ [Hours/Days/Weeks], commencing on the Effective Date herein.
- The Company and/or Company employees shall: On the _____ day of _____ 2021, use professional skill and expertise to pack and load the Client’s movables into a truck to be moved from _____________ to ________________. Company shall provide the following service:
- Loading and/or unloading the Client’s truck. The Company shall not be held responsible for any damage caused to the goods.
- If the Company is responsible for loading, unloading and moving, the Company shall provide protective equipment that shall prevent damage to the goods. Under this arrangement, the Company shall take responsibility of the goods if any damage occurs while in the Company’s possession.
- The Client shall be responsible with providing padding and ratchet straps in the event that the goods are being moved long distance. If the Client fails to make such provisions, any damage to the goods shall be their responsibility.
Number of Company employees needed for the job: _________________________.
Any special requirement: ________________________.
- The Client shall either pay:
☐__________ Dollars Hourly rate.
☐__________ Dollars flat rate.
- The Client shall pay _________ Dollars shall be paid as down payment on the Effective Date herein and the balance paid within ____ working Days upon completion of the service.
- The Client shall pay _________ Dollars for services that include moving items including but not limited to pianos and heavy gun safes.
- The Company shall, in the event of causing damage to an item while loading or unloading, reimburse the Client for the damages, either by reducing the bill or direct cash.
The Company and the Company employees acknowledge the risks involved with the service covered under this Agreement and understand that they are responsible for their own personal safety. The Client shall not be held responsible for any injuries sustained by the Company employees while they are carrying out their obligations under this Agreement, unless such injuries are caused by the Client’s negligence. The Company and the Company’s employee agree to find the Client blameless.
The Company shall be retained as an independent contractor. The Company shall be fully responsible for payment of their own income taxes on all compensation earned under this Agreement. The Client shall not withhold or pay any income tax, social security tax, or any other payroll taxes on the Company’s behalf during the term of this Agreement.
The failure on the part of the Company and/or the Company employees to perform their obligation under this contract will not be considered as default if such failure is the result of natural calamities, acts or God, Covid-19, extreme adverse disasters and circumstances beyond the control of the parties. The Company shall inform the Client of such inconveniences promptly.
This Agreement contains the entire Agreement between the Parties relating to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any and all prior agreements or understandings, written or oral, between the parties related to the subject matter hereof. No modification of this Agreement shall be valid unless made in writing and signed by both parties hereto.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Oregon, USA. Exclusive jurisdiction and venue shall be in Oregon, USA
- This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the Company and the Client and their respective successors and assigns, provided that the Client may not assign any of their obligations under this Agreement without the Company’s prior written consent.
- Each party represents and warrants to the other that such party has acted in good faith, and agrees to continue to so act, in the negotiation, execution, delivery, performance, and any termination of this Agreement.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, this Agreement has been executed by the parties as of the Effective Date.
COMPANY: _____________ _________________________ ___________
(SIGNATURE) (NAME) (DATE)
CLIENT: _____________ ________________________ ___________
(SIGNATURE) (NAME) (DATE)
At Legal writing experts, we would be happy to assist in preparing any legal document you need. We are international lawyers and attorneys with significant experience in legal drafting, Commercial-Corporate practice and consulting. In the last few years, we have successfully undertaken similar assignments for clients from different jurisdictions. If given this opportunity, The LegalPen will be able to prepare the legal document within the shortest time possible. You can send us your quick enquiry ( here )