THIS LICENCE AGREEMENT is made on the …………..day of……….20……., (“Effective date”)entered into by The Cat’s Back Pub of ____________________________________address hereinafter called “the Licensor” and StreetCube of ________________________________________address hereinafter called “the Licensee ” (Licensor and Licensee collectively referred to as the “Parties” or individually as the “Party”) and includes that Party’s successors and assigns.
In consideration of covenants and agreements contained in this Agreement, and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, Parties agree to the following terms and conditions and to be bound thereby:
- “Designated Hours” means the hours of ____________[TIME] to __________[TIME] on __________[DAY] to ___________________[DAY] (inclusive) of every week (except bank and public holidays) or such other hours or days as the Licensor in its discretion (acting reasonably) may determine on ________days’ notice to the Licensee.
- “License fee” means the sum of ____________payable on ____________date by the Licensee s consideration for the grant of the License.
- “Permitted use” means the utilization of the Premises by the Licensee to provide catering services to the Licensor’s clients.
- “Premises” means the Kitchen located at _________________________address and belonging to the Licensor.
Commencement And Duration
This agreement shall be valid from the Effective date until __________________date.
License to occupy
The Licensor permits the Licensee to occupy the Premises for the Permitted Use for the License Period during the Designated Hours in common with the Licensor and all others authorized by the Licensor (so far as is not inconsistent with the rights given to the Licensee to use the Premises for the Permitted Use).
The Licensee acknowledges that the:
- Licensee shall occupy the Premises as a licensee and that no relationship of landlord and tenant is created between the Licensor and the Licensee by this License;
- Licensor retains control, possession, and management of the Premises and the Licensee has no right to exclude the Licensor from the Premises;
- License to occupy granted by this License is personal to the Licensee and is not assignable.
The Licensee hereby agrees with the Licensor as follows,-
- To pay any amount due herein at times and in the manner aforesaid;
- To keep the interior of the Premises, including all doors, windows, floors, walls, roofs, and other interior parts ceilings, electrical, sanitary, and water apparatus fittings clean and in good and reasonable repair and condition;
- To repair or replace with new articles of the same kind and quality any fixtures or fittings (other than Licensee’ fittings) upon the Premises which shall have been damaged or removed or become worn out or unfit for use otherwise than from fair wear and tear and those not caused by the Licensee such as through acts of God;
- To comply with all legislation, regulation, rules, or direction as the same shall affect the Premises and should be complied with by the Licensee under the terms hereof and under or by their occupation on the Premises;
- Not to make or permit any assignment transfer, charge, subletting or parting with possession, use, or occupation of the Premises or any part thereof or permit any person to occupy the same as a licensee without the prior written consent of the Licensor;
- That the Premises or any part thereof shall not be used for any purpose other than as stated in this Agreement;
- That no alteration or addition shall be made to the Premises without the previous consent in writing of the Licensor PROVIDED that the Licensor may on giving such consent require the Licensee to enter into such covenants as the Licensor may require concerning the execution of any alteration or addition to the Premises and reinstatement of the same;
- Not to display any advertisement, signboards, nameplate, inscription, flag, banner, placard, poster, signs or notices at the Premises or elsewhere in the Licensor’s Property without the prior written consent of the Licensor;
- To observe any reasonable and proper rules and regulations the Licensor makes and notifies to the Licensee from time to time governing the Licensee’s use of the Premises and the Common Parts;
- At the expiration or sooner determination of the said term hereby created peaceably and quietly to yield up the Premises in good and tenable state of the repair order and condition as was at the commencement of the term hereby created (reasonable wear and tear is accepted);
- To indemnify the Licensor and keep the Licensor indemnified against all losses, claims, demands, actions, proceedings, damages, costs, expenses or other liability in any way arising from any breach by the Licensee of any undertaking or term of this Licence; and
Parties agree to settle disputes herein through one of the following: (select one)
☐Negotiation ☐Mediation ☐Arbitration ☐Litigation
- Either Party may terminate this Agreement upon giving the other Party no less than ________days’ notice in writing. If a Party wishes to terminate the contract with less than these stated days, the other Party reserves the right to charge costs they have already paid in advance or incurred.
- The termination of this Agreement shall not discharge the liabilities accumulated by either Party.
- Any Clauses intended by the Parties or this Agreement to survive the termination of this Agreement shall survive the termination of this Agreement by whatever cause.
For this Agreement, “Force Majeure” means an event which a diligent party could not have reasonably avoided in the circumstances, which is beyond the control of a party and includes, but is not limited to, war, riots, civil disorder, earthquake, storm, flood or adverse weather conditions, strikes, lockouts or other industrial action, terrorist acts, confiscation or any other action by government agencies.
A Party’s failure to fulfill its obligations due to Force Majeure, shall not be considered a breach of this Agreement, provided that the Party has taken all reasonable precautions, due care, reasonable alternative measures, and minimal delay all to carry out the terms of this Agreement.
Parties acknowledgments. The Parties acknowledge that they have been provided with the opportunity to negotiate this Agreement and to seek legal counsel before signing this Agreement. In addition, they acknowledge that they have the capacity to contract and enter into this Agreement and that further, they have entered into this Agreement freely and voluntarily.
- This Agreement may be amended only by the written consent of the Parties hereto.
- If any provision is held to be invalid or unenforceable, it shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Parties. It supersedes all prior oral or written agreements or understandings between the Parties concerning the subject matter of this Agreement. The parties will exercise utmost good faith in this Agreement.
- Unless otherwise provided, failure by either Party to enforce any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement shall not be a waiver of their right to enforce the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- This Agreement may be executed in any number of counterparts, each of which shall be an original and all of which shall together constitute the same instrument.
- The Article and Section headings in this Agreement are for convenience, and they form in no part of this Agreement and shall not affect its interpretation.
- Whenever used herein, the singular number shall include the plural, and the plural number shall include the singular.
- Any references herein to the masculine gender or to the masculine form of any noun, adjective, or possessive shall be construed to include the feminine or neuter gender and form, and vice versa.
- This Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of London without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- Any notice required to be given pursuant to the provisions of this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be deemed to have been given at the time when actually received as a consequence of any effective method of delivery at the address herein or at such changed address as the Party shall have specified by written notice, provided that any notice of change of address shall be effective only upon actual receipt..
IN WITNESS whereof this License Agreement has been duly executed day and year first hereinbefore written.
SIGNED by the Licensor —————————————— Date ______________________
in the presence of:- )
WITNESS ) _____________________________ Date ______________________
SIGNED by the Licensee )
in the presence of:- ) _____________________ Date _______________________
WITNESS ) ___________________________ Date ______________________
At Legal writing experts, we would be happy to assist in preparing any legal document you need. We are international lawyers and attorneys with significant experience in legal drafting, Commercial-Corporate practice and consulting. In the last few years, we have successfully undertaken similar assignments for clients from different jurisdictions. If given this opportunity, The LegalPen will be able to prepare the legal document within the shortest time possible. You can send us your quick enquiry ( here )