IN THE COURT OF COMMON PLEAS
MEDINA COUNTY, OHIO
IN RE: Jonathan Michael Lima § Case No. 2020 09 DQ 0242
ALLEGED DELINQUENT CHILD § JUDGE KEVIN W. DUNN
§ MAGISTRATE SUSANA
JONATHAN MICHAEL LIMA’S MOTION TO SET THE MAGISTRATE’S ORDER ASIDE
NOW COMES Jonathan Michael Lima, and files this Motion to Set the Magistrate’s Order Aside, and for cause would show this Honorable Court as follows:
- This Motion has been filed in accordance with Ohio Juv. R. 40. Jonathan requests this Court to set aside the Magistrate’s Order issued on February 1st, 2022. He was served with the Order on that day. This Motion has been filed on the 10th day of February, 2022. It has been filed timely without delay.
- The Order issued by the learned magistrate denied the Juvenile’s Motion for Driving Privileges and upheld revocation of the same.
- Jonathan has completed his time in juvenile detention, paid all required court fees, and completed his volunteer hours as well as probation. He has not been involved in any crime or misconduct since then.
- Jonathan no longer consumes alcohol. He does not take any drugs or uncontrolled substances. If this Court reinstates his driving privileges, he will not drive under the influence again.
- The accident that led to this matter happened when Jonathan was 16 years old. He was still a minor at the time and he made a mistake. He has since learned from that mistake and he will not repeat it in future.
- The purpose of our justice system is to rehabilitate and reintegrate offenders back in society. The penalties served by this Court have rehabilitated Jonathan to a point where he is fully in control of his life and makes decisions like an adult of sound mind. He now needs to be reintegrated back in society. One of the ways this Court can do that is to remove all restrictions that may hinder him from performing his day-to-day activities.
- Jonathan is currently employed and goes to school. He has maintained an average GPA of 3.7. He expects to join college in the summer. He needs to drive to get to and from work and school.
- Jonathan is not a threat to his safety or that of other people. Therefore, no one will be prejudiced if his driving privileges are reinstated.
REASONS WHEREFORE, PREMISES CONSIDERED, Jonathan Michael Lima respectfully requests this Honorable Court to GRANT this Motion and subsequently ISSUE an ORDER reinstating his driving privileges.
Dated this 10th day of February, 2022.
Jonathan Michael Lima
At Legal writing experts, we would be happy to assist in preparing any legal document you need. We are international lawyers and attorneys with significant experience in legal drafting, Commercial-Corporate practice and consulting. In the last few years, we have successfully undertaken similar assignments for clients from different jurisdictions. If given this opportunity, The LegalPen will be able to prepare the legal document within the shortest time possible. You can send us your quick enquiry ( here )