ISTJ (INTROVERTED, SENSING, THINKING, JUDGING)
- INTROVERTED- Introverts tend to draw energy from spending time alone.
- SENSING- Sensing types usually prefer to experience new things and focus on the reality of the situation.
- THINKING- Thinking types tend to follow their head and consider facts when making decisions.
- JUDGING- Judging types tend to be very structured and organized.
TYPICAL ISTJ CHARACTERISTICS
ISTJ are generally introspective, and they tend to focus more on the details and facts rather than emotion. They are neat and orderly, and tend to have a procedure for everything they do. Hence, earning the term traditional. They are dependable, trustworthy, ambitious and efficient.
ISTJ are practical and no-nonsense and rarely call attention to themselves. Their clothes and possessions tend to be chosen based on utility rather than fashion, and they have an affection for the classics. They speak in a straightforward manner and have a good head for details. They are usually more enthusiastic about sharing factual information than exploring abstract concepts or unproven ideas.
- Hardworking and motivated. They focus on the task at hand and see it through to completion.
- Loyal and truthful. They have a natural instinct to protect and defend and they believe in honesty and truth.
- Naturally attentive and good planners. They have a clear command of time and priorities. They excel in time management, are punctual and consistently meet deadlines.
- Pay attention to fine details. ISTJ notice holes, gaps, errors that broader thinkers don’t. They like facts, details and numbers without the emotional or interpretive fluff.
- Strong work ethic and dedication to the tasks at hand- their dedications to detail and fact will see them working to produce good results and until they complete a task.
- Very knowledgeable- ISTJs are characterized by curiosity. Hence, they are constantly seeking knowledge on various topics and areas of life.
- Stay calm in emergencies
- Rigid and resistant to change- because they are believe in traditional ways and procedural ways of doing things. They do things by the book, and can be resistant to change and innovation.
- Tactlessness- because of their commitment to truth and honesty, they tend to speak without much consideration for the feelings of others.
- Guilt- because of their attention to detail and belief in the traditional way of doing things, when things don’t go as planned, they may blame and beat themselves up about it, second guess their decisions and suffer guilt. They will have a hard time simply accepting that sometimes life doesn’t go as planned, and will feel a sense of personal failure and defeat. This can be a source of stress and on-going rumination.
- Judgmental- when overly stressed, ISTJs can be judgmental. They may be frustrated by people who do “things” in a different way that there pre-conceived conventional way.
WORKING WITH ISTJs
ISTJs prefer plenty alone work time. They may be frustrated if they don’t have enough time for themselves. While communication with them, they require a person to get to the point quickly and focus on using facts and logic to convey the message rather than emotional phrasing or dramatic displays.
When addressing conflicts, the require openness and logically talking through the situation. If they become frustrated or overwhelmed, they require space to think and reflect privately.
ISTJS thrive and are motivated when they achieve their set goals, abide by a designated routine, spend alone time to recharge, discover a practical solution to a problem and when they find a situation that helps make them feel safe and protected.
CAREERS AND CAREER IDEAS
- Business analyst
- Supply chain manager
- Certified Public Accountant
- Bank Teller
- Military Officer
- Loan officer
- Agricultural Worker
- Sales Manager
- Paralegal or Legal Assistant
- Financial Clerk
- Probation Officer
Careers they should avoid
- Art Director
- Craft Artist
- Graphic Designer
- Recreation Worker
- Restaurant Host
- Retail Salesperson
- Public Relations Specialist
- Dental Hygienist
- Child Care Provider
- Preschool Teacher
- Speech Pathologist
In professional relationships, they tend to be objective and rational thinkers. Hence, they tend to enjoy working alongside people who are able to patiently and logically resolve issues. They value coworkers who communicate their thoughts clearly and directly, rather than withholding certain opinions for fear of offending them.
In romantic relationships, they are practical and self-sufficient partners who focus on addressing problems in a healthy, calm way. They thrive in sharing their honest feedback with their partner, even when negative, feeling reasonably comfortable through necessary conflict and detaching their emotions from difficult conversations.
WAYS TO WORK WITH THEM
By being clear on the goals and how to accomplish specific tasks. ISTJs enjoy team work when the team mates work equally towards achieving a common goal. At the work place, they may be frustrated by bosses who don’t work productively or efficiently enough and they are likely to dislike peers and direct reports who are distracted and disrespectful.
WAYS THEY CAN MAXIMIZE THEIR POTENTIAL
ISTJs can reach their full potential if they will break out of the rut of tradition, experiment by living out deadlines and timelines and by letting life happen naturally, working to understand and express their own feelings and by making time for leisure and personal development.
At Legal writing experts, we would be happy to assist in preparing any legal document you need. We are international lawyers and attorneys with significant experience in legal drafting, Commercial-Corporate practice and consulting. In the last few years, we have successfully undertaken similar assignments for clients from different jurisdictions. If given this opportunity, The LegalPen will be able to prepare the legal document within the shortest time possible. You can send us your quick enquiry ( here )