INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR AGREEMENT.
This Independent Contractor Agreement (hereinafter referred to as the “Agreement”) is made and entered on this ____ day of _____ 2021 (the “effective date”), between Revive Nutrition & Recovery Center, Contact Info: _____________________ (hereinafter referred to as the “Center”), and _____________________, Contact Info: _____________ (herein referred to as the “Contractor”).
NOW THEREOF, in consideration of the mutual covenants and promises made by the Parties hereto, the Parties covenant and agree as follows:
The initial term of this Agreement shall be for a period of ______________ [Days/Weeks/Months/Years], commencing on the Effective Date herein.
- The Contractor has been hired as a therapist at the Center to provide the therapist services at the Center.
- The Contractor shall not share orally or in writing on social media any defamatory information about the Center or the Center’s employees, clients, members, associates and any other third parties in business with the Center.
- The Contractor acknowledges and understands that they shall ensure that they shall not at any time during the term of this Agreement be guilty of violating any of the laws and regulations stated in the Louisiana’s message therapy law.
- The Contractor shall always be dressed appropriately while at the Center which may include athletic wear or the Center’s official gear. They shall maintain a clean appearance and have filled manicured nails.
- The Contractor shall fill in all paper work including but not limited to work reports in accordance with the Center’s guidelines.
- The Contractor shall be available for cleaning and post session notes, greeting and interacting with the Center’s clients.
- The Center shall be responsible for making equipment and supplies available for the Contractor.
The Center shall pay the Contractor ________ Dollars for the services covered under this Agreement, payment shall be made at the end of the week before the end of business on Friday via Venmo. Any payment over Eight Hundred Dollars ($800) shall be issued as $1099.
The Contractor shall not, during the term of this Agreement and/or upon the termination/cancellation thereof, solicit, negotiate, and contact directly or indirectly, any other Center’s clients, employees, associates and any other Center officials with the aim of conducting business with them and/or to provide services as the ones covered under this Agreement without prior written notice or consent from the Center.
The Contractor understands that they shall be responsible for their actions while at the Center, including but not limited to any injuries caused to the Center’s clients, members and customers. It is the responsibility of the Contractor to ensure that they have an active and up to date paid for private insurance to cater for any legal claims arising from their performance of their obligations as covered under this Agreement.
- INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR.
- The Contractor shall be retained as an independent contractor. The Contractor shall be fully responsible for payment of their own income taxes on all compensation earned under this Agreement. The Center shall not withhold or pay any income tax, social security tax, or any other payroll taxes on the Contractor’s behalf during the term of this Agreement.
- The Contractor acknowledges and understands that they shall not be entitled to any fringe benefits that the Center provides for their employees generally or to any statutory employment benefits, including without limitation worker’s compensation or unemployment insurance.
- The Contractor shall not assign its rights or obligations under this Agreement without prior written Notice or consent of the Center.
- The waiver by either party of any breach or failure to enforce any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time shall not in any way affect, limit, or waive such party’s right thereafter to enforce and compel strict compliance with every term and condition of this Agreement.
The Parties acknowledge that either Party can terminate/cancel this Agreement at any time provided that they issue a 30 Day Written Notice on the same. The Center may without notice terminate/cancel this Agreement in the event that the Contractor misses appointments without prior written notice, inappropriate behaviors while at the Center and late arrival (5 minutes past the schedule time shall attract a late fee fine of $15) without prior communication. The Contractor understands that any late arrivals shall attract a half pay for their services.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION.
In the unfortunate event that there are disputes arising from the execution of this Agreement or issues relating to the Parties failing to perform their obligations herein, the Parties agree to have a mediation between them.
- FORCE MAJEURE.
The failure on the part of the Contractor to perform their obligation under this Agreement will not be considered as default if such failure is the result of natural calamities, acts or God, Covid-19, extreme adverse disasters and circumstances beyond the control of the parties. The Contractor shall be required to inform the Center of such delays and inconveniences promptly, and reschedule affected sessions within the Client’s convenience.
This Agreement contains the entire Agreement between the Parties relating to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any and all prior agreements or understandings, written or oral, between the parties related to the subject matter hereof. No modification of this Agreement shall be valid unless made in writing and signed by both parties hereto.
- GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Louisiana, USA. Exclusive jurisdiction and venue shall be in Louisiana, USA.
Each Party represents and warrants to the other that such party has acted in good faith, and agrees to continue to so act, in any future negotiations, execution, delivery and performance of this Agreement.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, this Agreement has been executed by the parties as of the Effective Date.
CENTER: _____________ ______________________________ ___________
(SIGNATURE) (NAME) (DATE)
CONTRACTOR: _____________ ________________________ ___________
(SIGNATURE) (NAME) (DATE)
At Legal writing experts, we would be happy to assist in preparing any legal document you need. We are international lawyers and attorneys with significant experience in legal drafting, Commercial-Corporate practice and consulting. In the last few years, we have successfully undertaken similar assignments for clients from different jurisdictions. If given this opportunity, The LegalPen will be able to prepare the legal document within the shortest time possible. You can send us your quick enquiry ( here )