INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR AGREEMENT
THIS INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR AGREEMENT (hereinafter, “this Agreement”), effective as of [DATE], is made and entered into by and between [COMPANY] of address [ADDRESS] (hereinafter “the Company”), and [NAME OF CONTRACTOR] of address [ADDRESS] (hereinafter, “the Clinician’’).
Whereas, the Company is a licensed private mental health facility in the State of [NAME OF STATE];
Whereas, the Contractor has agreed to provide services (“the services”), as an independent Clinician Contractor for the Company, and
Whereas, the parties to this Agreement (‘‘the parties’’) wish to set forth the terms and conditions upon which such service will be provided;
Now, therefore, in consideration of the foregoing premises, and of the mutual promises and covenants herein contained, the parties, intending to be legally bound, do hereby agree as follows:
- CONTRACTOR’S OBLIGATIONS
- The Company hereby appoints the Independent Contractor to render the agreed service. The Contractor shall commence performance of the Services on the date first signed below, and shall continue until completion of the Services unless this Agreement is sooner terminated by the terms as set forth herein.
- The Contractor shall maintain all the necessary licenses and shall produce the license and any other document upon request by the Company.
- The Contractor shall work as a therapist in the health facility of the Company.
- COMPANY’S OBLIGATIONS
In consideration for the services to be performed by the Contractor, the Company agrees to pay the Contractor under the terms of this Agreement.
The contactor is to be paid a sum of $______________ per hour on weekdays.
An additional $_____________________ hourly shall be paid to the Contractor on weekends.
By signing this agreement, the Company guarantees the Contractor __________________hours of work per week.
- Confidential Information.
For purposes of this Contract, “Confidential Information” shall mean information or material proprietary to a Party or designated as confidential by such Party (the “Disclosing Party”), as well as information about which a Party (the “Receiving Party”) obtains knowledge or access, through or as a result of this Contract (including information conceived, originated, discovered or developed in whole or in part by the Contractor hereunder). Confidential Information does not include:
- Information that is or becomes publicly known without restriction and without breach of this Contract or that is generally employed by the trade at or after the time the Receiving Party first learns of such information;
- Generic information or knowledge which the Receiving Party would have learned in the course of similar employment or work elsewhere in the trade;
- Information the Receiving Party lawfully receives from a third party without restriction on disclosure and without breach of a nondisclosure obligation;
- information the Receiving Party rightfully knew prior to receiving such information from the Disclosing Party to the extent such knowledge was not subject to restrictions on further disclosure; or
- Information the Receiving Party develops independent of any information originating from the Disclosing Party.
- Non-Disclosure. The Parties hereby agree that during the term hereof and at all times thereafter, and except as specifically permitted herein or in a separate writing signed by the Disclosing Party, the Receiving Party shall not use, commercialize or disclose Confidential Information to any person or entity. Upon termination, or at any time upon the request of the Disclosing Party, the Receiving Party shall return to the Disclosing Party all Confidential Information, including all notes, data, reference materials, sketches, drawings, memorandums, documentations and records which in any way incorporate Confidential Information.
- TERM AND TERMINATION
- This contract shall have a term of _______________________ (years/months)
- Either Party to this Agreement may terminate this Agreement upon a written notice of termination to the other Party. Unless otherwise mutually agreed to in writing, upon the termination of this Agreement, any arrangement for Services then in effect will immediately terminate.
The Contractor shall indemnify and hold the Company harmless for any loss or liability arising from performing services under this agreement.
- PAYMENT OF TAXES
The Contractor shall pay all taxes incurred while performing services under this Agreement including all applicable income taxes and, if Contractor is not a corporation, self-employment (Social Security) taxes. Upon demand, Contractor shall provide the Company with proof that such payments have been made.
Except as otherwise specifically agreed in writing by the Contractor and the Company, any dispute relating to any rights and/ or obligations arising from this Agreement which is not resolved by the parties shall be adjudicated by any court of competent jurisdiction.
- This contract represents the entire agreement between the two parties and supersedes any previous written or oral agreement. This agreement may be modified at any time, provided there is written consent of both the Company and the Contractor.
- Any addendum to this contract shall be treated as being part of this agreement.
The parties agree that if any portion of this contract is found to be void or unenforceable, it shall be struck from the record and the remaining provisions will retain their full force and effect.
This contract shall be governed, interpreted, and construed in accordance with the laws of [STATE, PROVINCE OR TERRITORY].
In Witness Whereof, this Agreement is duly executed by the duly authorized representatives of the parties as set forth below:
Contractor’s Signature Date
Company Official Signature Date
At Legal writing experts, we would be happy to assist in preparing any legal document you need. We are international lawyers and attorneys with significant experience in legal drafting, Commercial-Corporate practice and consulting. In the last few years, we have successfully undertaken similar assignments for clients from different jurisdictions. If given this opportunity, The LegalPen will be able to prepare the legal document within the shortest time possible. You can send us your quick enquiry ( here )