This Independent Agreement (hereinafter referred to as the “Agreement”) is made and entered on this ____ day of _____ 2021 (the “Effective Date”), between ________________________, Contact Info: _____________________ (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”), and __________, Contact Info: ___________, (herein referred to as the “Contractor”).
WHEREAS, the Company offers sign language services working with independent contractors who shall offer sign language services to the Company’s clients/customers.
NOW THEREOF, in consideration of the mutual covenants and promises made by the Parties hereto, the Parties covenant and agree as follows:
The initial term of this Agreement shall be for a period ______ [Weeks/Months/Years] commencing on the Effective Date herein.
The Contractor shall be sent to various sign language assignments to the Company’s clients. Contractor’s services shall include:
The Contractor shall be paid ______ Dollars for each engagement, they shall issue the Company with an invoice once monthly. Payment shall be made 30 days after receipt of the invoice, on the following Monday.
- INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR.
- The Contractor shall be retained as an independent contractor. The Contractor shall be fully responsible for payment of their own income taxes on all compensation earned under this Agreement. The Company shall not withhold or pay any income tax, social security tax, or any other payroll taxes on the Contractor’s behalf during the term of this Agreement.
- The Contractor and/or the Contractor’s employees understands that they shall not be entitled to any fringe benefits that the Company provides for their employees generally or to any statutory employment benefits, including without limitation worker’s compensation or unemployment insurance.
- The Company shall not, during the term of this Agreement, be held liable for any injuries sustained by the Contractor while carrying out their obligations under this Agreement, as long as the injuries are not in any way due to the Company’s negligence. The Contractor agrees to indemnify the Company against any claims that may arise from the performance of this Agreement.
- The Company shall not be held responsible for any loss and/or damages caused by the Contractor to the Company’s clients while they are carrying out their obligations under this Agreement. The Contractor shall assume all responsibility, legal or otherwise, arising from any loss and/or damage caused by them to the Company’s Client. The Contractor agrees to indemnify the Company against any and all such claims.
- The Contractor shall not be held responsible for any delays caused to acts of God, pandemic, health related issues, technical, , and/or other circumstances beyond the control of the Contractor that may cause them to arrive late for their, as long as such delays are not as a result of the Contractor’s negligence. The Company shall indemnify the Contractor against any and all delay claims while they are performing their obligations under this Agreement.
- The Contractor shall not assign its rights or obligations under this Agreement without prior Notice or consent of the Company.
- The waiver by either party of any breach or failure to enforce any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time shall not in any way affect, limit, or waive such Party’s right thereafter to enforce and compel strict compliance with every term and condition of this Agreement.
- The Contractor understands that any communication with the Company’s customers shall only through the Company. The Contractor shall not, directly or indirectly, call, contact or communicate with the customers without prior notice with the Company.
- The Contractor shall not, during the term of this Agreement and/or upon the termination/cancellation thereof, solicit, negotiate, and contact directly or indirectly, any other Company’s clients with the aim of conducting business with them.
- The Contractor shall not, during the term of this Agreement and/or Six Months after the termination/cancellation of the Agreement, by incitement encourage the Company’s clients, associates and/or employees to terminate their obligations with the Company.
- Upon termination/cancellation of this Agreement between the parties, the Contractor shall not retain any of the Company’s customers they had been booked to work for. The Contractor understands that the customers shall be re-assigned to another contractor.
The Parties agree to keep the Agreement concept confidential and/or that disclosure of any details of the concept or any other details about the Company or the Company’s business and/or the Company’s clients will ONLY happen when and how needed, upon written consent of each Parties herein. The Parties agree that they shall do everything necessary in their personal capacity and as a team to always maintain the confidentiality of the business. Each Partners shall not use the said information without prior written consent of the other partner except;
- The information is required by law.
- The information is already in the public domain.
- The Parties acknowledge that either Party can terminate/cancel this Agreement at any time provided that they issue a ____ Day Written Notice on the same. The Company shall ensure to pay the Contractor for all work done before the termination/cancellation is made effective.
- The Company may without notice terminate/cancel this Agreement in the event that the Contractor violates any of the terms stated herein.
- GENERAL PROVISION, GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION.
- This Agreement contains the entire Agreement between the Parties relating to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any and all prior agreements or understandings, written or oral, between the parties related to the subject matter hereof. No modification of this Agreement shall be valid unless made in writing and signed by both parties hereto.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, USA. Exclusive jurisdiction and venue shall be in Georgia, USA.
- This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the Company and the Contractor and their respective successors and assigns, provided that the Contractor may not assign any of their obligations under this Agreement without the Company’s prior written consent.
- Each party represents and warrants to the other that such party has acted in good faith, and agrees to continue to so act, in the negotiation, execution, delivery, performance, and any termination of this Agreement.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, this Agreement has been executed by the parties as of the Effective Date.
COMPANY: _____________ ________________________ ___________
(SIGNATURE) (NAME) (DATE)
CONTRACTOR: _____________ ________________________ ___________
(SIGNATURE) (NAME) (DATE)
At Legal writing experts, we would be happy to assist in preparing any legal document you need. We are international lawyers and attorneys with significant experience in legal drafting, Commercial-Corporate practice and consulting. In the last few years, we have successfully undertaken similar assignments for clients from different jurisdictions. If given this opportunity, The LegalPen will be able to prepare the legal document within the shortest time possible. You can send us your quick enquiry ( here )