HOME REMODELING AGREEMENT.
This Home Remodeling Agreement (hereinafter referred to as the “Agreement”) is made and entered on this ____ day of _____ 2021 (the “effective date”), between ___________, Address _____________ (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”), and __________, Address _____________ (herein referred to as the “Client”).
WHEREAS, the Company and the Company employees have access to the residential homes of their clients for remodeling purposes and similar services.
NOW THEREOF, in consideration of the mutual covenants and promises made by the Parties hereto, the Parties covenant and agree as follows:
The initial term of this Agreement shall be for a period _____ [Days/Weeks/Months], commencing on the Effective Date herein.
The Client is hiring the Company for the purpose of providing remodeling services in their home/residence/office. The Company shall provide the following services under this Agreement;
- The Company shall offer the Client an estimate cost of the service based on the initial consultation and visit to the location. The Client understands that this cost shall only be an estimate and hence subject to change after the project is complete and/or if the Company encounters problems/changes while performing their obligations. The Client shall pay ____ Dollars as down payment on signing this Agreement.
Estimated Cost: __________________________ Final Cost: ___________________________.
- The Client shall make the payments to the Client within 7 working days after receiving an invoice from the Company. In the event that the Client fails to make the payment, _____ Dollars shall be applied as a late fee besides the amount owed.
- In the event that the Client fails and/or refuses to pay, the Company has a right to file a mechanics lien on their home/property to recover the amount owed.
Note: the Client cannot refuse to pay citing dislike of the project or because the Company hasn’t worked on something that was not included in the estimate.
The Parties acknowledge that any Party can terminate/cancel this Agreement at any time provided that they issue a ___ day Written Notice on the same. If the Client terminate/cancels this Agreement before the work has started, they shall forfeit the down payment made. If the Client terminates/cancels this Agreement after the work has commenced, they shall pay the Company an estimate cost of work completed.
- The Company shall not, during the term of this Agreement, be held responsible for any loss and/or damage of any valuable items or furniture at the Client’s home while they are carrying out their obligations provided that such loss and/or damage is not in any way due to the Company’s negligence. The Client agrees to indemnify the Company against any claims that may arise from the performance of this Agreement.
- The Client shall not, during the term of this Agreement, be held liable for any injuries sustained by the Company or any of the Company’s employees while carrying out their obligations under this Agreement, as long as the injuries are not in any way due to the Client’s negligence. The Company agrees to indemnify the Client against any claims that may arise from the performance of this Agreement.
- INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR.
- The Company shall be retained as an independent contractor. The Company shall be fully responsible for payment of their own income taxes on all compensation earned under this Agreement. The Client shall not withhold or pay any income tax, social security tax, or any other payroll taxes on the Company’s behalf during the term of this Agreement.
- The Company/Company employees understands that they shall not be entitled to any fringe benefits that the Client provides for their employees generally or to any statutory employment benefits, including without limitation worker’s compensation or unemployment insurance.
- GENERAL PROVISION, GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION.
- This Agreement contains the entire Agreement between the Parties relating to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any and all prior agreements or understandings, written or oral, between the parties related to the subject matter hereof. No modification of this Agreement shall be valid unless made in writing and signed by both parties hereto.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of South Carolina, USA. Exclusive jurisdiction and venue shall be in South Carolina, USA.
- This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the Company and the Client and their respective successors and assigns, provided that the Company may not assign any of their obligations under this Agreement without the Client’s prior written consent.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, this Agreement has been executed by the parties as of the Effective Date.
COMPANY: _____________ ________________________ ___________
(SIGNATURE) (NAME) (DATE)
CLIENT: _____________ ________________________ ___________
(SIGNATURE) (NAME) (DATE)
At Legal writing experts, we would be happy to assist in preparing any legal document you need. We are international lawyers and attorneys with significant experience in legal drafting, Commercial-Corporate practice and consulting. In the last few years, we have successfully undertaken similar assignments for clients from different jurisdictions. If given this opportunity, The LegalPen will be able to prepare the legal document within the shortest time possible. You can send us your quick enquiry ( here )