Effective Date: ____ day of ____ 2021
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY
THIS STATEMENT PROVIDES GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE PRIVACY STATEMENT OF THIS WEBSITE. BACKERPLANT CUSTOMERS MUST HAVE ATTAINED THE AGE OF MAJORITY (18 YEARS OR THE LEGAL AGE IN YOUR JURISDICTION). IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE, PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT WITH YOUR PARENTS OR GUARDIAN AND ASK THEM QUESTIONS ABOUT WHAT YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND.
YOUR USE OF THIS SERVICE CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE BY YOU OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT.
HK BACKERPLANET LIMITED operator of the www.backerplanet.com (the ‘website or site’) is dedicated to protect our users’ (“users” or “you”) privacy rights. The purpose of this page is to inform you about our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information(“PII”) if anyone decided to use the applications or software offered by us (collectively, the “Service”).
Thus, BACKERPLANET has created this privacy statement (“Statement”) in order to demonstrate its firm commitment to the privacy of the details that you provide to us when using the site, as the data controller for the purposes of the Hong Kong Personal Data Privacy Laws, Applicable United Data Protection Laws – the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA), the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CALOPPA), and the GDPR (GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS EU 2016/679).
We take your privacy seriously and take measures to provide all visitors and users of the website with a safe and secure environment.
The Personal Information on the site, is collected, controlled and processed by the data controller, collected on behalf of;
HK BACKERPLANET LIMITED.
| HONG KONG
Personal identification information
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you register for an account, sign up for a subscription, participate in any interactive features of the Services, subscribe to a newsletter or email list, participate in a survey, contest, promotion or event or otherwise communicate with us.
Which personal identifying information we collect?
Project Creator Information
If you have created a crowd – funding campaign on either Kickstarter® or Indiegogo®, or any other crowd – funding platform and require to use our services, we will collect the following information when creating an account with us;
- Your full name
- Your email address
- Your contact telephone number;
- Your after-sales email (for backer to contact you after-sales);
- Your project information
- You will be required to provide true and accurate information.
- Editing of information is allowed through each User account.
- We must be notified of any changes made to your information.
Project backer Information
We will obtain a project backer’s information from the crowdfunding platform used. Some of the information we collect and process about you include the following;
- e-mail address；
- Full names;
- country of receipt
- The order Number belonging to your original crowdfunding platform (e.g Kickstarter Number);
- Your transaction information;
- Which pledge, reward, or perk level you received and the amount paid;
- Any other information necessary including platform survey answers and notes;
- The metadata relating to communication i.e. date of contact.
The Backer may provide the following information about him/herself:
- Answers to survey questions;
- e-mail address；
- payment information and billing address;
- Full address;
- Your phone number to assist with shipping.
sub-processing instruments will collect the following information:
- IP address;
- Device/browser/session information;
- URL parameters.
Sensitive Information. This refers to information or an opinion about an individual’s personal preferences and characteristics (such as race, ethnicity, political opinions, memberships, religious or philosophical beliefs and sexual preference), health information about an individual, genetic information and/or biometric information. We take all reasonable steps to secure and keep confidential the information you provide to us. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Users are encouraged to exercise caution with sensitive information as we are unaware of any sensitive information that we receive.
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- Device information, including unique identifiers and connection information, including mobile device advertising IDs (e.g., Apple’s IDFA or Google’s AAID) and the means of internet connection (e.g., WiFi connection, ISP) that can identify the physical location of such devices, in accordance with applicable law;
- Your device type and settings, software used, browser type and operating system;
- Websites or other services you visited before and after visiting the Services (referring URL);
- Web pages and advertisements, you view and links you click on within, and what search queries you may have run on, the Services (clickstream);
- Viewing behavior, including the content you view, how long you view content, the quality of the service you receive, and advertisements you have been shown or interacted with;
- Dates and times, you access or use the Services;
- Location information, including the city, state and zip code associated with your IP Address.
We may collect non-personal identifying information (Non-PII) including the software used to access the Website, the device where the software is stored, the operating system instaled on the device, the internet service provider and any other related information. Non-PII information is collected each time you visit our Website. This information will assist us to improve our services.
By using this website, you agree that Backerplanet may collect the following anonymous information about you;
- The operating system installed on your device;
- The web browser used to view and access our website, it’s content and features;
- Your user agent to assist us to identify such things as the operating system and web browser;
- The uniform resource locator (URL) you are accessing, which reveals the webpages you are viewing on our website.
- Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to
- Provide, maintain and improve the Services;
- Manage your account and send you related information, including confirmations, updates, technical notices, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about the Services, offers, surveys, events and other news and information we think may be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect our and others’ rights and property;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content and features that match your profile or interests;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with a better experience; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
- 3. Sharing of Information
We may share your information with the following:
- any employee authorized under strict confidentiality to use them for purposes other than those for which we have collected them;
- Pledge creators and crowdfunding agents under obligation to perform tasks such as delivery of rewards, customer service, tax obligation, and other contractual requirements.
All these entities have access only to necessary information and such access is provided under strict confidentiality. None of the has authority to commercially exploit the information without your prior consent.
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, rule, regulation or legal process;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any business, other change of control transaction or financing;
- Between and among us and any current or future parent, subsidiary and/or affiliated company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We also may share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools, such as the Facebook and Twitter buttons (e.g., “Like” or “Tweet”), which let you share actions you take on the Services with other media. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
- How we Protect your Personal Information?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be carried out by third parties over encrypted connections using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
In the event of a data security breach where there is a high risk of infringement of privacy, we undertake to notify all parties whose information has been breached and report the same to the relevant authorities for further action within 72 hours. Further steps will be taken by us to continue to upgrade our data security.
For any other requests or concerns, please contact us.
- Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
- 7. Children’s Privacy
BACKERPLANET does not offer its services to persons under the age of 18 year. Any minor accessing our services must do so under the strict supervision of a parent/guardian. Any information gathered by us that belongs to a minor is processed unknowingly. If it comes to our knowledge that we have information belonging to a minor, steps are immediately taken to remove such information.
- 9. Your ChoicesAccount Information
You may update, correct or modify information about you at any time by logging into your online account or by emailing us at email@example.com If you wish to deactivate your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org but note we may continue to store information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
- Location Information
With your consent, we may collect information about your actual location when you use our mobile applications. You may stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the settings on your mobile device, but note that some features of our mobile applications may no longer function if you do so.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Services.
Cookies are small files that we or others send to and store on or with your computer so that your computer, browser, mobile app or other application can be recognized as unique the next time you access, visit, use or otherwise take advantage of the Services or other media. Cookies may also reflect demographic data pertaining to you or other data linked to information you submit. One use or consequence of cookies is to enable you to receive customized ads, alerts, content, services or information. You are always free to decline any cookies we use by adjusting the settings of your browser, as your browser may permit; however, some products, services or features might not be available or operate properly if cookies are not enabled. Some of our advertisers and third-party service providers may also utilize their own cookies.
In addition, we, our service providers and others sometimes use data-gathering mechanisms on the Services, including without limitation “web beacons”, “clear GIFs”, “pixels” and/or “tags”. These perform statistical and administrative functions, such as measuring site and page traffic, verifying advertising paths, better understanding user interests and activity, gathering related information (such as information relating to a particular browser, device or IP address) and positioning images, and typically do so without detracting from your online experience. Such mechanisms are not necessarily designed to collect Personal Information.
- Promotional Communications
Pursuant to (Article 6 (1) letter a GDPR), each user is entitled to the option of receiving our newsletters. Newsletter are sent out periodically to each Users email address. The contents of the newsletter include commercial / marketing information. Any user that wants to discontinue the receipt of newsletters may do so by selecting the “unsubscribe” button located at the bottom of the newsletter.
10. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS TO YOUR DATA?
All Your Personal Information we collect will always belong to you. However, we are a collector and a processor of Your Personal Information. That implies on us obligations to respect your rights to Personal Information and facilitate the exercise of your rights thereto. In order to use any of your rights at any time please contact us and we will facilitate the exercise of your rights free of charge. We will inform you on the actions taken by us under your request as soon as practically possible, but in any case, not later than in 30 (thirty) calendar days.
In accordance with effective regulations, particularly the GDPR you have a significant number of rights related to your Personal Information, such as e.g.:
Right to access. You may obtain from us the confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed and get an access to such personal data. You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection office at email@example.com and we will work with you to remove any of your personal data we may have.
Right to rectify your inaccurate Personal Information and to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement
Right to erase your Personal Information. Please note that a request to erase your Personal Information will also terminate your account on the Site. We will automatically and without undue delay erase your Personal Information when it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed;
Right to restrict processing of your Personal Information;
Right to data portability. You may obtain from us the personal data concerning you and which you have provided to us and transmit it to another Personal Information Controller;
Right to object to processing of Your Personal Information;
Right to withdraw your consent to the usage of your Personal Information at any time;
More Specific Rights;
As a Project Creator, it is within your right under extant provision to request to access, edit some information we have collected about you or request for deletion.
All data is handled by the project creator. Users are welcomed to contact us to confirm which project creator they are required to contact.
11. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident, under the CCPA you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information about you that we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. To obtain such information, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide a list of categories of Personal Information disclosed within thirty (30) days after receiving such a request. We reserve the right to decline requests made in ways other than those mentioned above.
12. CONTACTING US
HK BACKERPLANET LIMITED
At Legal writing experts, we would be happy to assist in preparing any legal document you need. We are international lawyers and attorneys with significant experience in legal drafting, Commercial-Corporate practice and consulting. In the last few years, we have successfully undertaken similar assignments for clients from different jurisdictions. If given this opportunity, The LegalPen will be able to prepare the legal document within the shortest time possible. You can send us your quick enquiry ( here )