GENERAL SERVICE AGREEMENT
THIS GENERAL SERVICE AGREEMENT (the “Agreement”) is dated this ________ day of ________________, ________. BETWEEN
|(the “Client”)||(the “Contractor”)|
A. The Client is of the opinion that the Contractor has the necessary qualifications, experience and abilities to provide services to the Client.
B. The Contractor is agreeable to providing such services to the Client on the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement.
IN CONSIDERATION OF the matters described above and of the mutual benefits and obligations set forth in this Agreement, the receipt and sufficiency of which consideration is hereby acknowledged, the Client and the Contractor (individually the “Party” and collectively the “Parties” to this Agreement) agree as follows:
- The Client hereby agrees to engage the Contractor to provide the Client with the following services (the “Services”):
- The Services will also include any other tasks which the Parties may agree on. The Contractor hereby agrees to provide such Services to the Client.
TERM OF AGREEMENT
- The term of this Agreement (the “Term”) will begin on the date of this Agreement and will remain in full force and effect until the completion of the Services, subject to earlier termination as provided in this Agreement. The Term may be extended with the written consent of the Parties.
- The Parties agree to do everything necessary to ensure that the terms of this Agreement take effect.
- Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, all monetary amounts referred to in this Agreement are in USD (US Dollars).
- The Contractor will charge the Client a flat fee of $0.00 for the Services (the “Compensation”).
- The Client will be invoiced when the Services are complete.
- Invoices submitted by the Contractor to the Client are due within 30 days of receipt.
- In the event that this Agreement is terminated by the Client prior to completion of the Services but where the Services have been partially performed, the Contractor will be entitled to pro rata payment of the Compensation to the date of termination provided that there has been no breach of contract on the part of the Contractor.
- The Compensation as stated in this Agreement does not include sales tax, or other applicable duties as may be required by law. Any sales tax and duties required by law will be charged to the Client in addition to the Compensation.
REIMBURSEMENT OF EXPENSES
- The Contractor will be reimbursed from time to time for reasonable and necessary expenses incurred by the Contractor in connection with providing the Services.
- All expenses must be pre-approved by the Client.
- Confidential information (the “Confidential Information”) refers to any data or information relating to the Client, whether business or personal, which would reasonably be considered to be private or proprietary to the Client and that is not generally known and where the release of that Confidential Information could reasonably be expected to cause harm to the Client.
- The Contractor agrees that they will not disclose, divulge, reveal, report or use, for any purpose, any Confidential Information which the Contractor has obtained, except as authorized by the Client or as required by law. The obligations of confidentiality will apply during the Term and will survive indefinitely upon termination of this Agreement.
- All written and oral information and material disclosed or provided by the Client to the Contractor under this Agreement is Confidential Information regardless of whether it was provided before or after the date of this Agreement or how it was provided to the Contractor.
OWNERSHIP OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- The Parties agree that any ideas, concepts, discoveries, techniques, patents, copyrights or trademarks relating to the business or operations of the Consultant shall remain sole the property of the Consultant.
- The Parties agree that any ideas, concepts, discoveries, techniques, patents, copyrights or trademarks relating to the performance of this Agreement which are developed or discovered by the Contractor, solely or jointly with others, during the subsistence of this Agreement, shall automatically upon their creation become the exclusive property of the Contractor.
- The Client may not use the Intellectual Property for any purpose other than that contracted for in this Agreement except with the written consent of the Contractor. The Client will be responsible for any and all damages resulting from the unauthorized use of the Intellectual Property.
RETURN OF PROPERTY
- Upon the expiration or termination of this Agreement:-
- the Contractor will return to the Client any property, documentation, records, or Confidential Information which is the property of the Client.
- the Client will return to the Contractor any property, documentation, records, or Confidential Information which is the property of the Client.
- In providing the Services under this Agreement it is expressly agreed that the Contractor is acting as an independent contractor and not as an employee. The Contractor and the Client acknowledge that this Agreement does not create a partnership or joint venture between them, and is exclusively a contract for service. The Client is not required to pay, or make any contributions to, any social security, local, state or federal tax, unemployment compensation, workers’ compensation, insurance premium, profit-sharing, pension or any other employee benefit for the Contractor during the Term. The Contractor is responsible for paying, and complying with reporting requirements for, all local, state and federal taxes related to payments made to the Contractor under this Agreement.
RIGHT OF SUBSTITUTION
- Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, the Contractor may, at the Contractor’s absolute discretion, engage a third party sub-contractor to perform some or all of the obligations of the Contractor under this Agreement and the Client will not hire or engage any third parties to assist with the provision of the Services.
- In the event that the Contractor hires a sub-contractor:
- the Contractor will pay the sub-contractor for its services and the Compensation will remain payable by the Client to the Contractor.
- for the purposes of the indemnification clause of this Agreement, the sub-contractor is an agent of the Contractor.
- Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, the Contractor will have full control over working time, methods, and decision making in relation to provision of the Services in accordance with the Agreement. The Contractor will work autonomously and not at the direction of the Client. However, the Contractor will be responsive to the reasonable needs and concerns of the Client.
- Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, the Contractor will provide at the Contractor’s own expense, any and all tools, machinery, equipment, raw materials, supplies, workwear and any other items or parts necessary to deliver the Services in accordance with the Agreement.
- The Parties acknowledge that this Agreement is non-exclusive and that either Party will be free, during and after the Term, to engage or contract with third parties for the provision of services similar to the Services.
- Neither party shall be liable for any failure or delay in fulfillment of the terms of this agreement due to fire, strike , flood , war , civil unrest , terrorist action, government regulation and act of Nature or other causes which are unavoidable or beyond reasonable control of party claiming force majeure.
- All notices, requests, demands or other communications required or permitted by the terms of this Agreement will be given in writing and delivered to the Parties at the following addresses:
or to such other address as either Party may from time to time notify the other, and will be deemed to be properly delivered (a) immediately upon being served personally, (b) two days after being deposited with the postal service if served by registered mail, or (c) the following day after being deposited with an overnight courier.
- Except to the extent paid in settlement from any applicable insurance policies, and to the extent permitted by applicable law, each Party agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the other Party, and its respective affiliates, officers, agents, employees, and permitted successors and assigns against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, penalties, punitive damages, expenses, reasonable legal fees and costs of any kind or amount whatsoever, which result from or arise out of any act or omission of the indemnifying party, its respective affiliates, officers, agents, employees, and permitted successors and assigns that occurs in connection with this Agreement. This indemnification will survive the termination of this Agreement.
- The Parties agree to attempt initially to solve all claims, disputes or controversies arising under, out of or in connection with this Agreement by conducting good faith negotiations. If the Parties are unable to settle the matter between themselves, the matter shall thereafter be resolved by alternative dispute resolution, starting with mediation and including, if necessary, a final and binding arbitration. Whenever a Party shall decide to institute arbitration proceedings, it shall give written notice to that effect to the other Party. The Party giving such notice shall refrain from instituting the arbitration proceedings for a period of sixty (60) days following such notice. During such period, the Parties shall make good faith efforts to amicably resolve the dispute without arbitration. Any arbitration hereunder shall be conducted under the rules of the American Arbitration Association. Each such arbitration shall be conducted by an arbitrator agreed upon by the Parties. Any such arbitration shall be held in Virginia. The arbitrators shall have the authority to grant specific performance. Judgment upon the award so rendered may be entered in any court having jurisdiction or application may be made to such court for judicial acceptance of any award and an order of enforcement, as the case may be. In no event shall a demand for arbitration be made after the date when institution of a legal or equitable proceeding based on such claim, dispute or other matter in question would be barred under this Agreement or by the applicable statute of limitation. The prevailing Party in any such arbitration shall be entitled to recover from the other Party, in addition to any other remedies, all reasonable costs, attorney‘s; fees and other expenses incurred by such prevailing Party.
MODIFICATION OF AGREEMENT
- Any amendment or modification of this Agreement or additional obligation assumed by either Party in connection with this Agreement will only be binding if evidenced in writing signed by each Party or an authorized representative of each Party.
TIME OF THE ESSENCE
- Time is of the essence in this Agreement. No extension or variation of this Agreement will operate as a waiver of this provision.
- The Contractor will not voluntarily, or by operation of law, assign or otherwise transfer its obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of the Client.
- It is agreed that there is no representation, warranty, collateral agreement or condition affecting this Agreement except as expressly provided in this Agreement.
- All documents annexed to this agreement shall be subject to the terms under this agreement, provided that the Parties append their signatures on the documents
- This Agreement will enure to the benefit of and be binding on the Parties and their respective heirs, executors, administrators and permitted successors and assigns.
- Headings are inserted for the convenience of the Parties only and are not to be considered when interpreting this Agreement.
- Words in the singular mean and include the plural and vice versa. Words in the masculine mean and include the feminine and vice versa.
- This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- In the event that any of the provisions of this Agreement are held to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, all other provisions will nevertheless continue to be valid and enforceable with the invalid or unenforceable parts severed from the remainder of this Agreement.
- The waiver by either Party of a breach, default, delay or omission of any of the provisions of this Agreement by the other Party will not be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or other provisions.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, each of the Parties has executed this Consulting Agreement, both Parties by its duly authorized officer, as of the day and year set forth below.
|Signed by the duly authorized representative of CONTRACTOR Signature: Name: Designation: Date:…………………………………………….……||Signed by the duly authorized representative ofCLIENT Signature: Name: Designation: Date:…………………………………………….……|
At Legal writing experts, we would be happy to assist in preparing any legal document you need. We are international lawyers and attorneys with significant experience in legal drafting, Commercial-Corporate practice and consulting. In the last few years, we have successfully undertaken similar assignments for clients from different jurisdictions. If given this opportunity, The LegalPen will be able to prepare the legal document within the shortest time possible. You can send us your quick enquiry ( here )