THIS EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT (“this Agreement”) is entered on this [DATE]
BETWEEN: [NAME] of address [ADDRESS] (“Employer”)
AND: [NAME] of address [ADDRESS] (“employee”) on [DATE]
WHEREAS, The Employer and the Employee shall be referred to as (“Parties”);
WHEREAS, the Employer is a Company dealing in _________________________;
WHEREAS the Employer desires to obtain the benefit of the services of the Employee, and the
Employee desires to render such services on the terms and conditions set forth.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the premises, and of the mutual promises and undertakings herein contained, the parties, intending to be legally bound, do agree as follows:
The Employee hereby accepts the appointment and is appointed as a _________________________.
This agreement will become affective as from July 12th 2021 and it will continue for a period of __________________ (months/years) or until it has been cancelled according to the terms of this agreement.
- THE EMPLOYEE’S DUTIES
- The core of the Employee’s duties towards the Employer is a duty to obey all lawful and reasonable order and to perform such work as she / he is directed to perform which falls within his / her vocational ability.
- Without limiting the aforesaid duties, the Employee is obliged to strictly comply with the provision of this agreement, may not misappropriate the Employer’s property, keep all information entrusted to him / her confidential and have to adhere to the general Code of Conduct that governs all relations with co-employees and clients.
- The tasks to be performed by the Employee may vary depending on the projects carried out
- WORKING HOURS
The Employee herein shall work for ______________ hours a day and at least __________________ hours a week depending on the task at hand.
- PAYMENT TERMS
The Employee will be entitled to payment for the services they provide to the Company.
Employee shall be entitled to an annual salary of $ ________________________
- PAYMENT OF TAXES
The employee shall pay all taxes incurred while performing services under this Agreement including all applicable income taxes. Upon demand, employee shall provide the Company with proof that such payments have been made.
- ANTI HARASMENT CLAUSE
The employer recognizes the rights of employees to work in an environment free of harassment. The Company shall not condone any acts of harassment, whether physically or through digital platform, based on but not limited to race, religion, sex, national origin, color or disability.
The Employee may at any time terminate this agreement and his/her employment by giving not less than 21 days written notice to the Employer.
The Employer may terminate this Agreement and the Employee’s employment by giving not less than 21 day written notice to the Employee.
The employee agrees to return any property of the Employer in the event of termination.
- It is further acknowledged and agreed that following termination of the employee’s employment with the company for any reason, the employee shall not hire or attempt to hire any current employees of the Company.
- It is further acknowledged and agreed that following termination of the employee’s employment with the Company for any reason, the employee shall not solicit business from current clients or clients who have retained the Company in a period of ______________ [month/years] immediately preceding the employee’s termination.
For purposes of this Contract, “Confidential Information” shall mean information or material proprietary to the Employer or designated as confidential by the Employer.
Confidential information includes information pertaining to Clients, the Company, funding sources, partners and general information learned about in the appointed role.
- The Employee hereby agree that during the term hereof and at all times thereafter, and except as specifically permitted herein or in a separate writing signed by the Employer, the Employee shall not use, commercialize or disclose confidential Information to any person or entity. The Employee shall not disclose confidential information to any person or entity without prior approval by the Employer.
- Upon termination, or at any time upon the request of the Disclosing Party, the Receiving Party shall return to the Disclosing Party all Confidential Information, including all notes, data, reference materials, sketches, drawings, memorandums, documentations and records which in any way incorporate Confidential Information.
- For the purpose of this agreement, “Disclosing Party” shall mean any party that gives information considered confidential in nature. “Receiving Party” shall mean any party receiving any information considered confidential in nature.
- INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVICE
The Employee acknowledges that the Employer has provided the Employee with a reasonable opportunity to obtain independent legal advice with respect to this agreement, and that either:
- The Employee has had such independent legal advice prior to executing this agreement, or;
- The Employee has willingly chosen not to obtain such advice and to execute this agreement without having obtained such advice.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT
This agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties, superseding in all respects any and all prior oral or written agreements or understandings pertaining to the employment of the Employee by the Employer and shall be amended or modified only by written instrument signed by both of the parties hereto.
The parties hereto agree that in the event any article or part thereof of this agreement is held to be unenforceable or invalid then said article or part shall be struck and all remaining provision shall remain in full force and effect.
Any dispute relating to any rights and/ or obligations arising from this Agreement which is not resolved by the parties shall be arbitrated by a competent arbitration team.
In the event where a meaningful resolution is not achieved, the dispute will be litigated in a court of competent jurisdiction with each party responsible for their own legal fees.
The Employee shall indemnify and hold the Employer harmless for any loss or liability arising from performing services under this agreement unless it is as permitted by the law on grounds of negligence on the part of the Employer.
- GOVERNING LAWS
This Agreement shall be construed and governed in accordance with the laws of __________________________________
In Witness Whereof, this Agreement is duly executed by the duly authorized representatives of the parties as set forth below:
Name of Employee: _____________________________
Name of Company: ______________________
Name of Representative: ____________________________
Title of Representative: ______________________________
At Legal writing experts, we would be happy to assist in preparing any legal document you need. We are international lawyers and attorneys with significant experience in legal drafting, Commercial-Corporate practice and consulting. In the last few years, we have successfully undertaken similar assignments for clients from different jurisdictions. If given this opportunity, The LegalPen will be able to prepare the legal document within the shortest time possible. You can send us your quick enquiry ( here )