This Employment Agreement (hereinafter referred to as the “Agreement”) is made and entered on this ____ day of _____ 2021 (the “effective date”), between ______________, Contact Info: _____________________________, (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”), and _____________, Address ____________ (herein referred to as the “Employee”).
WHEREAS, the Company is a publishing entity operating in _______________, and involved in publish a variety of products including but not limited to music and books.
NOW THEREOF, in consideration of the mutual covenants and promises made by the Parties hereto, the Parties covenant and agree as follows:
The initial term of this Agreement shall be for a period Two Years commencing on the Effective Date herein, subject to being renewed for a Five Year Term.
- Job Title-The Company is hiring the Employee for the position of a President in the Company. The Employee’s obligations shall be;
- Hours of work– the Employee shall work ___ weekly, subject to management policy in force from time to time, and the nature of the Company’s operations, the Employee may be required to work on weekends, statutory public holidays, late in the night or run shift hours as determined by Company operations.
- Duty post– The Employee’s duty post shall be in the Company’s office located at ____________________.
- RUMINATION/ALLOWANCES/STATUTORY DEDUCTIONS.
The Company shall pay the Employee 85% commission monthly. The Company shall deduct from the Employee’s basic pay any statutory payments i.e. income tax and social security contribution, and remit these to the appropriate authorities on the Employee’s behalf.
The Employee shall be entitled to ______ Working Days annual leave with pay. However, the Employee’s leave must be scheduled in such a way that it does not affect the operations of the work of the Company. The actual leave days therefore need to be discussed with the Company at the beginning of each calendar year or as appropriate.
- The Company shall not be held responsible for any injuries sustained by the Employee while they are performing their obligations under this Agreement, provided that such injuries are not as a result of the Company’s negligence. The Employee agrees to defend and indemnify the Company against such issues and liability.
- The waiver by either party of any breach or failure to enforce any of the terms of this Agreement at any time shall not in any way affect, limit, or waive such Party’s right thereafter to enforce and compel strict compliance with every term and condition of this Agreement.
- Either party has the right to voluntarily terminate this appointment, provided the other party has given One (1) month’ notice or in lieu of notice, the equivalent of One (1) months’ commission. Upon termination of the employment, the Employee shall return all items belonging to the Company in your custody, in good condition, on or before leaving the service of the Company.
- Please note however that the Company reserves the right to summarily dismiss the Employee in the event that:
- There is inability to perform satisfactorily the duties assigned.
- Failure to co-operate with and uphold the Company’s policies, procedures, aims and objectives.
- Involvement in criminal acts.
- Negligence of duty, insubordination, willful disregard of instructions, embezzlement of company funds, drunkenness and use of illicit drug, willful damage to the organization’s property or any act that will bring the Company into disrepute.
- Being absent from work for ______ consecutive working days without prior written approval.
The Employee agrees not to disclose to any third party, confidential information or materials of the Company, the Company’s trade secrets, the Company’s customers, or anyone with a business or employment relationship with Company. The Employee further agrees that they will not use, remove, transfer, transmit, reproduce or otherwise deal with confidential information or other tangible or intangible property of another party, except for the sole purpose of performing their services as an employee under this Agreement.
- GENERAL PROVISION, GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION.
- This Agreement contains the entire Agreement between the Parties relating to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any and all prior agreements or understandings, written or oral, between the parties related to the subject matter hereof. No modification of this Agreement shall be valid unless made in writing and signed by both parties hereto.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of _________ [State/Country] Exclusive jurisdiction and venue shall be in __________ [State/Country].
- This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the Company and the Employee and their respective successors and assigns, provided that the Employee may not assign any of their obligations under this Agreement without the Company’s prior written consent.
- Each party represents and warrants to the other that such party has acted in good faith, and agrees to continue to so act, in the negotiation, execution, delivery, performance, and any termination of this Agreement.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, this Agreement has been executed by the parties as of the Effective Date.
COMPANY: _____________ ________________________ ___________
(SIGNATURE) (NAME) (DATE)
EMPLOYEE: _____________ ________________________ ___________
(SIGNATURE) (NAME) (DATE)
At Legal writing experts, we would be happy to assist in preparing any legal document you need. We are international lawyers and attorneys with significant experience in legal drafting, Commercial-Corporate practice and consulting. In the last few years, we have successfully undertaken similar assignments for clients from different jurisdictions. If given this opportunity, The LegalPen will be able to prepare the legal document within the shortest time possible. You can send us your quick enquiry ( here )