E-BOOK WRITING AGREEMENT.
This E-Book Writing Agreement (hereinafter referred to as the “Agreement”) is made and entered on this 21st day of January 2021 (the “Effective Date”), between ________, Address ________ (hereinafter referred to as the “Author”), and _____________, Address ____________ (herein referred to as the “Ghost-writer”).
NOW THEREOF, in consideration of the mutual covenants and promises made by the Parties hereto, the Parties covenant and agree as follows:
The initial term of this Agreement shall be for a period ________ [Weeks/Months/Years], commencing on the Effective Date herein.
- The Ghost-writer shall write an e-book for the Author on the specification and instructions received through Fiver. The Ghost-writer shall submit plagiarism free work and must adhere to all grammar rules on spellings and punctuation.
- The Ghost-writer shall work on milestone basis and provide the Author with progress of the work whenever needed.
- The Ghost-writer shall not outsource for purpose of this Agreement without the Author’s written notice.
The Author shall pay the Ghost-writer __________ Dollars for the services covered under this Agreement. The Author has, by the Effective date herein, paid the Ghost-writer ___ Dollars while the balance be paid on completion of the task herein.
- The Parties acknowledge that either Partner can cancel this Agreement at any time provided that they issue a 7 Day Written Notice on the same.
- The Author can terminate/cancel the Agreement at any time without notice should the Ghost-writer submit substandard work, work that is plagiarized or late submission. The Ghost-writer shall not receive any payment for any work that is substandard, plagiarized and/or for late submission.
- The Author shall own all the copyright and intellectual property rights to the book published under this Agreement. The Ghost-writer shall not lay any claim or rights to the book during the term of this Agreement or upon the termination/cancellation of this Agreement.
- The Ghost-writer shall not, during the term of this Agreement and/or upon termination/cancellation thereof, sell, pass of, or publish the e-book as their won work.
- The Author shall be liable for all the content published in the book. The Ghost-writer shall not, during the term of this Agreement or/and upon the termination/cancellation, be held liable for copyright/proprietary infringement issues arising from the stories and the content of the book covered under this Agreement.
- The Parties agree to keep the e-book concept confidential, and/or that disclosure of any details of the concept or any other details about the e-book will ONLY happen when and how needed, upon written consent of each Parties herein.
- The Ghost-writer shall not disclose the concept of the e-book to a third party without the Author’s concept. The Ghost-writer shall not, during the term of this Agreement or the termination/cancellation thereof, disclose the Author’s names, address or any other relevant personal details to a third party without the Author’s written notice.
- GENERAL PROVISION, GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION.
- This Agreement contains the entire Agreement between the Parties relating to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any and all prior agreements or understandings, written or oral, between the parties related to the subject matter hereof. No modification of this Agreement shall be valid unless made in writing and signed by both parties hereto.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the ____ [State/Country]. Exclusive jurisdiction and venue shall be in ____ [State/Country].
- This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the Author and the Ghost-writer and their respective successors and assigns, provided that the Ghost-writer may not assign any of their obligations under this Agreement without the Author’s prior written consent.
- Each party represents and warrants to the other that such party has acted in good faith, and agrees to continue to so act, in the negotiation, execution, delivery, performance, and any termination of this Agreement.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, this Agreement has been executed by the parties as of the Effective Date.
AUTHOR: _____________ ________________________ ___________
(SIGNATURE) (NAME) (DATE)
GHOST-WRITER: _____________ ________________________ ___________
(SIGNATURE) (NAME) (DATE)
At Legal writing experts, we would be happy to assist in preparing any legal document you need. We are international lawyers and attorneys with significant experience in legal drafting, Commercial-Corporate practice and consulting. In the last few years, we have successfully undertaken similar assignments for clients from different jurisdictions. If given this opportunity, The LegalPen will be able to prepare the legal document within the shortest time possible. You can send us your quick enquiry ( here )