COPYRIGHT ASSIGNMENT AGREEMENT
THIS AGREEMENT is made on the …………..day of……….20……., by ________________________the ASSIGNOR herein of ___________________address and _________________________the ASSIGNEE herein of _______________________address (ASSIGNOR and ASSIGNEE collectively referred to as the “Parties” or individually as the “Party”) and includes that Party’s successors and assigns.
WHEREAS, ASSIGNOR has created original works in __________________________art (define what was created (hereinafter termed WORKS);
WHEREAS, ASSIGNEE, is desirous of acquiring the entire right, title, and interest in and to said WORKS and in and to any copyrights thereon arising or granted in the United States and foreign countries;
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of promises and covenants contained herein as well as other good and valuable consideration (the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged), the Parties do hereby agree as follows:
- ASSIGNOR does hereby irrevocably sell, assign, transfer, and convey unto ASSIGNEE, in perpetuity and throughout the world all of the entire right, title, and interest in and to said WORKS and in and to any and all copyrights, trademark, and all other intellectual property rights on said WORKS that may arise or may be granted in the United States and any foreign country, and including every derivative WORKS arising from said WORKS. The ASSIGNEE shall have the right to register the WORKS in their name and shall have the exclusive right to dispose of the WORKS in any way that ASSIGNEE sees fit. The assignment of all rights in the WORKS shall take effect upon execution of this Agreement.
- Subject to the terms of this Agreement, ASSIGNOR does hereby waive any moral rights or any similar right concerning the WORKS as such rights may presently or in the future exist by legislative enactment or otherwise.
- ASSIGNOR does hereby warrant and represent that;
- They are the sole and exclusive owner of the rights herein granted throughout the world and that no part of the WORKS has in any way been encumbered, conveyed, granted, or otherwise disposed of and the same is free of any liens or claims whatsoever and that there are no claims or litigation pending, outstanding, or threatened which might in any way prejudice, interrupt or interfere with ASSIGNEE’s use of the WORKS;
- agree to cooperate with ASSIGNEE whereby ASSIGNEE may enjoy to the fullest extent the right, title, and interest herein conveyed. Such cooperation shall include:
- Prompt execution of all papers (prepared at the expense of ASSIGNEE) which are deemed necessary or desirable by ASSIGNEE to perfect in it the right, title, and interest herein conveyed;
- Prompt execution of all petitions, oaths, specifications, declarations, or other papers (prepared at the expense of ASSIGNEE) which are deemed necessary or desirable by ASSIGNEE for obtaining copyright registration in the United States or foreign countries covering said WORKS or works derived from said WORKS; and
- Prompt assistance and cooperation in the prosecution of legal proceedings involving said WORKS or derivative works therefrom, said registrations granted thereon, including proceedings before any Copyright Office of the United States or any foreign country, and court actions, provided, however, that the expense which may be incurred by said ASSIGNOR in lending such assistance and cooperation be paid by ASSIGNEE.
- The terms, covenants, and provisions of this assignment shall inure to the benefit of the Parties’ successors, assigns, or other legal representatives and shall be binding upon said Parties, their respective heirs, legal representatives, and assigns.
- This instrument contains the entire and only Agreement between the Parties and supersedes all pre-existing agreements between them on the subject matter. Any representation, promise, or condition in connection with said subject matter that is not incorporated in this Agreement shall not be binding upon either Party. This Agreement may not be altered or modified except in writing signed by Parties. A waiver by either Party of any breach or default by the other Party may not be construed as a waiver of any other breach or default by such Party.
- Parties agree to settle disputes under this Agreement through Mediation, but if Mediation is unsuccessful, Parties shall result in litigation.
- This Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Washington State, USA, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions and shall be enforced by its Courts.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Parties have executed this instrument this ______________day of _______________20_________
At Legal writing experts, we would be happy to assist in preparing any legal document you need. We are international lawyers and attorneys with significant experience in legal drafting, Commercial-Corporate practice and consulting. In the last few years, we have successfully undertaken similar assignments for clients from different jurisdictions. If given this opportunity, The LegalPen will be able to prepare the legal document within the shortest time possible. You can send us your quick enquiry ( here )