This Copyright Agreement (hereinafter referred to as the “Agreement”) is made and entered on this ____ day of _____ 2021 (the “Effective Date”), between Bisonabiso, www.itsbisonabiso.com Contact Info: ________________________ (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”), and _______________________, Contact Info: _______________ (herein referred to as the “Contractor”).
WHEREAS the Company is an online platform that brings together and publishes stories of Africans in diaspora, with special attention focusing on Africans of the Congolese origin.
WHEREAS, the Contractor refers to any photographers, graphic designers, or any other person/entities that are working on projects with the Company, and/or who provide video or photographic materials that shall be used on the Company’s website to highlight stories of the Congolese in the diaspora.
NOW THEREOF, in consideration of the mutual covenants and promises made by the Parties hereto, the Parties covenant and agree as follows:
The initial term of this Agreement shall be for a period ______ [Days/Weeks/Months/Years] commencing on the Effective Date herein.
The Company shall hire the Contractor to offer the following services;
The Contractor shall receive Twelve Dollars ($12) per hour for the hours worked, payments shall be made;
The Company shall own all and any copyrights to the materials produced or used during the term of this Agreement and shall enjoy continued rights over the final documents, photos, videos and any other materials covered under this Agreement to use, reuse, copy/paste, alter and use any other way they see fit. The Contractor shall not, during the term of this Agreement or the termination thereof, lay claim over the Company’s documents, photos, videos and any other material covered under this Agreement.
- INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR.
- The Contractor shall be retained as an independent contractor. The Contractor shall be fully responsible for payment of their own income taxes on all compensation earned under this Agreement. The Company shall not withhold or pay any income tax, social security tax, or any other payroll taxes on the Contractor’s behalf during the term of this Agreement.
- The Contractor and/or the Contractor’s employees understands that they shall not be entitled to any fringe benefits that the Company provides for their employees generally or to any statutory employment benefits, including without limitation worker’s compensation or unemployment insurance.
- The Contractor shall be responsible for paying for the business permits/license for their line work/business. They shall be responsible to ensure that the business permits/licenses are in their name and that they are updated.
- The Contractor shall be responsible for paying their taxes from compensation received from services covered under this Agreement. The Company shall not withhold any income tax, social security tax, or any other payroll taxes on the Contractor’s behalf.
- The Company shall not, during the term of this Agreement, be held liable for any injuries sustained by the Contractor while carrying out their obligations under this Agreement, as long as the injuries are not in any way due to the Company’s negligence. The Contractor agrees to indemnify the Company against any claims that may arise from the performance of this Agreement.
- The Contractor shall not assign any of their obligations under this Agreement to a third Party without the Company’s prior written notice.
- The waiver by either party of any breach or failure to enforce any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time shall not in any way affect, limit, or waive such party’s right thereafter to enforce and compel strict compliance with every term and condition of this Agreement.
- FORCE MAJEURE:
The failure on the part of the Contractor to perform their obligation under this Agreement will not be considered as default if such failure is the result of natural calamities, acts or God, Covid-19, extreme adverse disasters and circumstances beyond the control of the parties.
- The Parties acknowledge that either Party can terminate/cancel this Agreement at any time provided that they issue a ______ Day Written Notice on the same. The Company shall ensure to pay the Contractor for all work done before the termination/cancellation is made effective.
- The Company may without notice terminate/cancel this Agreement in the event that the Contractor violates any of the terms stated herein.
- GENERAL PROVISION, GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION.
- This Agreement contains the entire Agreement between the Parties relating to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any and all prior agreements or understandings, written or oral, between the parties related to the subject matter hereof. No modification of this Agreement shall be valid unless made in writing and signed by both parties hereto.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of ___________ [State/Country]. Exclusive jurisdiction and venue shall be in __________ [State/Country].
- This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the Company and the Contractor and their respective successors and assigns, provided that the Contractor may not assign any of their obligations under this Agreement without the Company’s prior written consent.
- Each party represents and warrants to the other that such party has acted in good faith, and agrees to continue to so act, in the negotiation, execution, delivery, performance, and any termination of this Agreement.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, this Agreement has been executed by the parties as of the Effective Date.
COMPANY: Signature: _______________________________________
CONTRACTOR: Signature: ___________________________________
At Legal writing experts, we would be happy to assist in preparing any legal document you need. We are international lawyers and attorneys with significant experience in legal drafting, Commercial-Corporate practice and consulting. In the last few years, we have successfully undertaken similar assignments for clients from different jurisdictions. If given this opportunity, The LegalPen will be able to prepare the legal document within the shortest time possible. You can send us your quick enquiry ( here )