This Contractor Agreement (hereinafter referred to as the “Agreement”) is made and entered on this ____ day of _____ 2021 (the “Effective Date”), between Summit’s Creek Studios, Address _____________ (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”), and __________, Address ___________, (herein referred to as the “Crew Member”).
NOW THEREOF, in consideration of the mutual covenants and promises made by the Parties hereto, the Parties covenant and agree as follows:
The initial term of this Agreement shall be for a period ______ [Days/Weeks/Months/Years] commencing on the Effective Date herein.
The Company is a Maryland based film production company that offers, among others, film production services for movies and TV shows. The Crew Member has agreed to work as an employee for the Company for the services covered under this Agreement.
- The Crew Member shall be paid a daily rate or a fixed cost for a particular movie or TV show, (this rate shall be unique and discussed between the Parties herein).
- The Crew Member shall receive Fifty Dollars ($50) for gas, meals and lodging for the production dated _____________.
- The Crew Member shall receive written credits at the end of every TV show and/or movie based on the production role performed.
- The Crew Member covenants they have had access to and have inspected the equipment covered herein and that the equipment is in good working condition as of the Effective Date herein. That the Crew Member can ascertain that the equipment was in good working condition before they started using it.
- The Crew Member shall be held responsible for any damages and/or loss of equipment under their use and care, provided such damage and/or loss was not due to the Company’s negligence. The Crew Member for liable for damage and/or of the said equipment shall pay an amount equal to the equipment’s market value.
- The Company shall not be held liable for any injuries suffered by the Crew Member while performing their obligations under this Agreement, provided that such injuries were not as a result of the Company’s negligence.
- The Parties acknowledge that either Party can terminate/cancel this Agreement at any time provided that they issue a ___ day Written Notice on the same. The Company shall ensure to pay the Crew Member for all work done before the termination/cancellation is made effective.
- The Company can, at any time and without a written notice, terminate/cancel this Agreement where the Crew Member has multiple accounts of unprofessionalism, verbal and physical misconduct while working on a production, mishandling work production equipment and late arrival at the location of production without prior written permission.
- INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR.
The Crew Member shall be retained as an independent contractor. The Crew Member shall be fully responsible for payment of their own income taxes on all compensation earned under this Agreement. The Company shall not withhold or pay any income tax, social security tax, or any other payroll taxes on the Crew Member’s behalf during the term of this Agreement.
- GENERAL PROVISION, GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION.
- This Agreement contains the entire Agreement between the Parties relating to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any and all prior agreements or understandings, written or oral, between the parties related to the subject matter hereof. No modification of this Agreement shall be valid unless made in writing and signed by both parties hereto.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Maryland, USA. Exclusive jurisdiction and venue shall be in Maryland, USA.
- This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the Company and the Crew Member and their respective successors and assigns, provided that the Crew Member may not assign any of their obligations under this Agreement without the Company’s prior written consent.
- Each party represents and warrants to the other that such party has acted in good faith, and agrees to continue to so act, in the negotiation, execution, delivery, performance, and any termination of this Agreement.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, this Agreement has been executed by the parties as of the Effective Date.
COMPANY: _____________ ________________________ ___________
(SIGNATURE) (NAME) (DATE)
CREW MEMBER: _____________ ________________________ ___________
(SIGNATURE) (NAME) (DATE)
At Legal writing experts, we would be happy to assist in preparing any legal document you need. We are international lawyers and attorneys with significant experience in legal drafting, Commercial-Corporate practice and consulting. In the last few years, we have successfully undertaken similar assignments for clients from different jurisdictions. If given this opportunity, The LegalPen will be able to prepare the legal document within the shortest time possible. You can send us your quick enquiry ( here )