CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT
THIS CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT (hereinafter “this Agreement”) is entered into by and between DeVry Inc. of address 204 University Avenue East, Waterloo, Ontario (hereinafter “Employer/Company”) and Avrielle Tang of address [ADDRESS] (hereinafter “employee”) on [DATE] (hereinafter “Effective date”).
IN CONSIDERATION of the premises, and of the mutual promises and undertakings herein contained, the parties, intending to be legally bound, do agree as follows:
The EMPLOYEE hereby accepts the appointment and is appointed as the Director of Data Management.
The employee’s normal working hours shall be as from 9 am to 5 pm unless otherwise agreed to by the Company or as required by the law.
Employee shall report to the Vice President of Operations, Mr. Cedric Okumodu, on all matters related to her job description.
This Agreement shall run indefinitely with a start date of December 1, 2020.
Upon termination of this contract by the Company, all services and its benefits shall terminate.
- THE EMPLOYEE’S DUTIES
- The core of the Employee’s duties towards the Employer is a duty to obey all lawful and reasonable order and to perform such work as she is directed to perform which falls within her vocational ability.
- The Employee shall also manage all aspects of data collected and/or generated by the DeVry Inc. This includes the information to be collected, how to collect it and leveraging the collected information for business advantage while meeting all legal requirements and any applicable corporate compliance policies.
- Without limiting the aforesaid duties, the employee is obligated to strictly comply with the provision of this agreement, may not misappropriate the employer’s property, keep all information entrusted to her confidential and to adhere to the general Code of Conduct that governs all relations with co-employees and clients.
- The Employee will be entitled to an annual salary of $ 130,000 Cdn. The remuneration shall be reviewed annually at the discretion of the Employer.
- In addition to the annual salary, the Employee may receive a bonus of up to 10% of the annual salary every year. This bonus is subject to the discretion of the Employer.
- Employee is entitled to the benefit plan of the Company that is in force during the course of employment. The benefits plan is subject to revision at any time by the Company.
- PAYMENT OF TAXES
The employee shall pay all taxes incurred while performing services under this Agreement including all applicable income taxes. Upon demand, employee shall provide the Company with proof that such payments have been made.
- ANTI HARASMENT CLAUSE
The employer recognizes the rights of employees to work in an environment free of harassment. The Company shall not condone acts of harassment based on but not limited to race, religion, sex, national origin, color or disability.
- GOVERNING LAWS
This Agreement shall be construed and governed in accordance with the laws of ONTARIO, CANADA.
In Witness Whereof, this Agreement is duly executed by the duly authorized representatives of the parties as set forth below:
DEVRY INC. (Employer)
Name of Representative: Cedric Okumodu.
Title: Vice-President of Operations.
Name: Avrielle Tang.
Title: Director of Data Management.
At Legal writing experts, we would be happy to assist in preparing any legal document you need. We are international lawyers and attorneys with significant experience in legal drafting, Commercial-Corporate practice and consulting. In the last few years, we have successfully undertaken similar assignments for clients from different jurisdictions. If given this opportunity, The LegalPen will be able to prepare the legal document within the shortest time possible. You can send us your quick enquiry ( here )