You have a right to dispute inaccurate information in your credit report by contacting the credit bureau

directly. However, neither you nor any ”credit repair” company or credit repair organization has the right to have accurate, current, and verifiable information removed from your credit report. The credit bureau must remove accurate, negative information from your report only if it is over 7 years old. Bankruptcy

information can be reported for 10 years.

You have a right to obtain a copy of your credit report from a credit bureau. You may be charged a reasonable fee. There is no fee, however, if you have been turned down for credit, employment, insurance,

or a rental dwelling because of information in your credit report within the preceding 60 days. The credit

bureau must provide someone to help you interpret the information in your credit file. You are entitled to

receive a free copy of your credit report if you are unemployed and intend to apply for employment in the

next 60 days, if you are a recipient of public welfare assistance, or if you have reason to believe that there

is inaccurate information in your credit report due to fraud.

You have a right to sue a credit repair organization that violates the Credit Repair Organization Act. This

law prohibits deceptive practices by credit repair organizations.

You have the right to cancel your contract with any credit repair organization for any reason within 3 business days from the date you signed it.

Credit bureaus are required to follow reasonable procedures to ensure that the information they report is

accurate. However, mistakes may occur.

You may, on your own, notify a credit bureau in writing that you dispute the accuracy of information in

your credit file. The credit bureau must then reinvestigate and modify or remove inaccurate or incomplete

information. The credit bureau may not charge any fee for this service. Any pertinent information and

copies of all documents you have concerning an error should be given to the credit bureau.

If the credit bureau’s reinvestigation does not resolve the dispute to your satisfaction, you may send a brief

statement to the credit bureau, to be kept in your file, explaining why you think the record is inaccurate. The credit bureau must include a summary of your statement about disputed information with any report it

issues about you.

The Federal Trade Commission regulates credit bureaus and credit repair organizations. For more

information contact:

The Public Reference Branch

Federal Trade Commission

Washington, D.C. 20580

By signing below you are acknowledging receipt of the above statement.

___________________________________ / _____________

Printed Name Date

___________________________________ / _____________

Signature Date

Spouse if applicable:

___________________________________ / _____________

Spouse’s printed name Date

___________________________________ / _____________

Spouse’s signature Date

At Legal writing experts, we would be happy to assist in preparing any legal document you need. We are international lawyers and attorneys with significant experience in legal drafting, Commercial-Corporate practice and consulting. In the last few years, we have successfully undertaken similar assignments for clients from different jurisdictions. If given this opportunity, The LegalPen will be able to prepare the legal document within the shortest time possible. You can send us your quick enquiry ( here )