BOOK COVER DESIGN AGREEMENT.
This Book Cover Design Agreement (hereinafter referred to as the “Agreement”) is made and entered on this ____ day of _____ 2020 (the “effective date”), between ________________, (hereinafter referred to as the “Designer”), and ___________, (herein referred to as the “Client”).
NOW THEREOF, in consideration of the mutual covenants and promises made by the Parties hereto, the Parties covenant and agree as follows:
The initial term of this Agreement shall be for a period thirty business days [30 Business Days], commencing on the Effective Date herein. This period is subject to change depending on the response of the Client and the number of revisions made.
- The Client shall hire the Designer as an independent contractor to design 3 book cover mockups (front of book, back of book and book spine). The Designer shall provide the 3 book cover mockups and 3 revisions.
- The mockups shall take 7 working days to create while the revisions shall be delivered within 3 business days after request.
- The Client shall provide a clear vision for the project by email with 5 book examples of the book covers they like, all the text they want on the cover and exact book sixe so that the Designer can set up the final file for print.
- The Client shall make a two hundred and fifty dollars ($250) non-refundable deposit on the Effective date herein and two hundred and fifty dollars ($250) upon approval of the book cover.
- The Parties shall negotiate new service charges for the project covered under this Agreement and this shall be set in writing before the service/change is made.
- The Client shall pay seventy five dollars ($75) for each additional mockup or revision.
- The Client shall pay for any stock image cost or any other cost that may arise in the designing of the book cover.
NOTE: Payments can be made via Venmo @juanthecreative CashApp @juanthecreative Paypal info@outloudmediagroup or a check made to Juan A. Pedraza
The Designer shall own all the copyright to the project covered under this Agreement during the term of the Agreement. The copyright shall automatically transfer to the Client upon payment of the last installment.
The Client shall be liable for all the images and/or copy on the book cover. The Designer shall not be held liable for any legal issues that may arise from the publication of the book cover after the term of this Agreement.
- GENERAL PROVISION, GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION.
- This Agreement contains the entire Agreement between the Parties relating to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any and all prior agreements or understandings, written or oral, between the parties related to the subject matter hereof. No modification of this Agreement shall be valid unless made in writing and signed by both parties hereto.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the ____________ [State/Country]. Exclusive jurisdiction and venue shall be in _____________ [State/Country].
- This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the Client and the Designer and their respective successors and assigns, provided that the Designer may not assign any of their obligations under this Agreement without the Client’s prior written consent.
- Each party represents and warrants to the other that such party has acted in good faith, and agrees to continue to so act, in the negotiation, execution, delivery, performance, and any termination of this Agreement.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, this Agreement has been executed by the parties as of the Effective Date.
NAME: ______________________ ________________________
SIGNATURE: _________________ ________________________
At Legal writing experts, we would be happy to assist in preparing any legal document you need. We are international lawyers and attorneys with significant experience in legal drafting, Commercial-Corporate practice and consulting. In the last few years, we have successfully undertaken similar assignments for clients from different jurisdictions. If given this opportunity, The LegalPen will be able to prepare the legal document within the shortest time possible. You can send us your quick enquiry ( here )