THIS ARTIST AGREEMENT (hereafter, ‘‘this agreement’’) effective as of [DATE], is made and entered into by and between [NAME OF ARTIST] of address [ADDRESS] (hereafter ‘‘the Artist’’) and [NAME OF COMPANY] of address [ADDRESS] (hereafter, ‘‘the Company’’).
WHEREAS, the Artist deals in art and design services;
WHEREAS, the Company intends to purchase art and design work (“Work”) from the Artist;
WHEREAS, the parties to this Agreement (‘‘the parties’’) wish to set forth the terms and conditions upon which such service will be executed by the Artist.
Now, therefore, in consideration of the foregoing premises, and of the mutual promises and covenants herein contained, the parties, intending to be legally bound, do hereby agree as follows:
- ARTIST OBLIGATIONS
- The Artist hereby has been appointed by the Company to render the agreed service. The Artist shall commence performance of the Services on the date first signed below, and shall continue until completion of the Services unless this Agreement is sooner terminated by the terms as set forth herein.
- The duties of the Artist shall include, but not limited to;
[STATE ALL THE SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED/ HOW MUCH WORK. BE SPECIFIC IF POSSIBLE.]
- COMPANY OBLIGATIONS
- In consideration for the services to be performed by the Artist the Company agrees to pay the Artist under the terms of this Agreement.
- The Company plans to sell the following products:
- PAYMENT TERMS (PRICING)
- The Artist is to be paid an upfront amount of $ ________________________
- The Artist shall further be given a commission of __________ % of every work sold which belongs to them.
- A further payment of $_______________________ shall be given to the Artist on a ________________________ basis. (Monthly/weekly etc.)
- The Artist shall send invoice to the Company after every _________________ (week/ purchase/fortnight/month/15 days etc.)
- All payments shall be made by direct credit into an account nominated by the Artist.
- Confidential Information.
For purposes of this Contract, “Confidential Information” shall mean information or material proprietary to a Party or designated as confidential by such Party (the “Disclosing Party”), as well as information about which a Party (the “Receiving Party”) obtains knowledge or access, through or as a result of this Contract (including information conceived, originated, discovered or developed in whole or in part by the contractor hereunder). Confidential Information does not include:
- Information that is or becomes publicly known without restriction and without breach of this Contract or that is generally employed by the trade at or after the time the Receiving Party first learns of such information;
- Generic information or knowledge which the Receiving Party would have learned in the course of similar employment or work elsewhere in the trade;
- Information the Receiving Party lawfully receives from a third party without restriction on disclosure and without breach of a nondisclosure obligation;
- information the Receiving Party rightfully knew prior to receiving such information from the Disclosing Party to the extent such knowledge was not subject to restrictions on further disclosure; or
- Information the Receiving Party develops independent of any information originating from the Disclosing Party.
- Non-Disclosure. The Parties hereby agree that during the term hereof and at all times thereafter, and except as specifically permitted herein or in a separate writing signed by the Disclosing Party, the Receiving Party shall not use, commercialize or disclose Confidential Information to any person or entity. Upon termination, or at any time upon the request of the Disclosing Party, the Receiving Party shall return to the Disclosing Party all Confidential Information, including all notes, data, reference materials, sketches, drawings, memorandums, documentations and records which in any way incorporate Confidential Information.
- EXLUSIVE RIGHTS
- The Artist hereby grants the Company exclusive rights to the Work specified herein. The Artist shall not claim any rights over the Work. All rights shall remain with the Company at all times unless otherwise agreed by the Artist and the Company in writing. The Company can sell the Work printed on specific products such as, but not limited to stickers, hoodies, t-shirts, sweatpants, NFT’s.
- The time period for the exclusive rights shall be:
- Exclusive rights shall be renewed at a price of _____________________________
- Either Party to this Agreement may terminate this Agreement upon a written notice of termination to the other Party. Unless otherwise mutually agreed to in writing, upon the termination of this Agreement, any arrangement for Services then in effect will immediately terminate.
- The Company can terminate this agreement in the event the Artist breaches any term of this agreement. Additionally, Company may pursue any other legal remedy available to the Company for such breach.
- The Artist can terminate this agreement in the event the Company fails to pay for services or breaches any term of this agreement. Artist may also pursue any other legal remedy available to the Artist for such breach.
- RELATIONSHIP OF THE PARTIES
Nothing contained in this Contract will be construed to create an employer and employee relationship between the Artist and the Company. Artist and Company agree that the Artist is, and at all times during this Contract shall remain, an independent contractor.
Except as otherwise specifically agreed in writing by the Artist and the Company, any dispute relating to any rights and/ or obligations arising from this Agreement which is not resolved by the parties shall be adjudicated by any court of competent jurisdiction.
This contract represents the entire agreement between the two parties and supersedes any previous written or oral agreement. This agreement may be modified at any time, provided there is written consent of both the Artist and the Company.
The parties agree that if any portion of this contract is found to be void or unenforceable, it shall be struck from the record and the remaining provisions will retain their full force and effect.
This contract shall be governed, interpreted, and construed in accordance with the laws of ________________________
In Witness Whereof, this Agreement is duly executed by the duly authorized representatives of the parties as set forth below:
Artist’s Signature Date
Company’s Signature Date
At Legal writing experts, we would be happy to assist in preparing any legal document you need. We are international lawyers and attorneys with significant experience in legal drafting, Commercial-Corporate practice and consulting. In the last few years, we have successfully undertaken similar assignments for clients from different jurisdictions. If given this opportunity, The LegalPen will be able to prepare the legal document within the shortest time possible. You can send us your quick enquiry ( here )