212 E Highland Dr
Williston ND 58801
North Dakota Job Service
P.O. Box 5507
Bismarck, ND 58506-5507
Central Office: 1-701-328-2825
TTY Relay ND: 800-366-6888
Reference Issue: 0013-PU
To Whom It May Concern,
RE: APPEAL OF NON-MONETARY DETERMINATION
My name is Anna Hoover, a resident of the State of North Dakota. I am writing this letter to appeal the Non-Monetary Determination issued by the North Dakota Job Service on 04/29/2021 due to ineligibility. The subsequent implication is overpayment of Pandemic Unemployment Assistance.
I would like to submit that I’m eligible for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance. The criteria for eligibility is whether one is unemployed for a Covid-19 related reason outlined in section 2102(a)(3)(A)(ii)(I) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act. The reasons include if:
- The individual has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has COVID-19 symptoms and is seeking a diagnosis;
- A member of the individual’s household has been diagnosed with COVID-19;
- The individual is providing care for a family or household member diagnosed with COVID-19;
- A person over whom the individual has primary caregiver responsibility (like a child) cannot attend school because of COVID-19;
- The individual cannot reach their place of employment because of quarantine related to COVID-19;
- The individual cannot reach their place of employment because of a health professional’s advisement of self-quarantine due to COVID-19;
- The individual was scheduled to start employment and does not have job or cannot reach their job because of COVID-19;
- The individual has become the primary breadwinner in their household because the previous household breadwinner has died from COVID-19;
- The individual has quit their job as a direct result of COVID-19;
- The individual’s place of employment is closed because of COVID-19; or
- The individual meets subsequent criteria laid out by the Secretary of Labor.
At the time I was awarded benefits in the form of Pandemic Unemployment Assistance, I was also available and ready to work but unable to reach my place of employment because of a health professional’s advisement of self-quarantine due to Covid-19. All through, I had tested negative for Covid-19. My place of employment requires contact with other people in order to work efficiently. Following expert advice from health professionals, the State of North Dakota, the United States Federal Government and the World Health Organization issued stay-at-home and self-quarantine guidelines to reduce the spread of Covid-19. In order to avoid getting Covid-19, I had to comply with the stay-at-home and self-quarantine guidelines. It meant that I could not be able to reach my place of employment.
I am currently available and ready to work. I am also eligible for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance because I am unable to reach my place of employment because of a health professional’s advisement of self-quarantine due to Covid-19. I have returned negative results for Covid-19. I would like to keep my Covid-19 status negative. Currently, there are more efforts to control the spread of Covid-19 such as vaccines. However, we are still advised not to disregard the stay-at-home and self-quarantine guidelines until we completely get over this unprecedented pandemic.
Since I was and still am eligible for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance, I would like the Non-Monetary Determination issued on 04/29/2021 and the subsequent Notice of Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) Overpayment issued on 04/30/2021 be revoked. I wish to continue Pandemic Unemployment Assistance for the period I’ll be eligible. I am ready to avail myself to clarify any issues regarding this matter.
Thank you for taking time to read this appeal. I hope to receive a positive response from you.
Insert Phone Number
At Legal writing experts, we would be happy to assist in preparing any legal document you need. We are international lawyers and attorneys with significant experience in legal drafting, Commercial-Corporate practice and consulting. In the last few years, we have successfully undertaken similar assignments for clients from different jurisdictions. If given this opportunity, The LegalPen will be able to prepare the legal document within the shortest time possible. You can send us your quick enquiry ( here )