This Agency Agreement (the “Agreement”) is entered into ……………. the “Effective Date”), by and
between ………………., with an address of …………………..(the “Principal”) and ……………., with
an address of ………………., (the “Agent”), collectively “the Parties”, both of whom agree to be bound
by this Agreement.
WHEREAS, the Principal is a shipping company, offering shipping services for packages in and around
WHEREAS, the Principal desires to engage the Agent to be its representative to perform the Services
detailed in this Agreement on the Principal’s behalf;
WHEREAS, the Agent agrees to represent the Principal and perform the Services requested herein;
NOW, therefore, in consideration of the promises and conditions contained herein, the Parties agree as
1. Services. The Principal requests and the Agent agrees to perform the following specific Services (the
a. Accepting packages from the Principal’s customers,
b. Storing the packages until the Principal picks them on twice a week pick- up schedule.
2. Appointment. The Principal hereby appoints the Agent to perform the Services on the Principal’s
3. Scope of Authority. The Agent’s authority to bind the Principal is limited to the Services. The Agent
does not have the authority to bind the Principal in any manner whatsoever beyond the Services stated
4. Term and Termination.
a. The Term shall commence upon the Effective Date and shall continue until either Party notifies the
other Party, in writing, of its intention to terminate the Agreement.
b. This Agreement may be terminated as follows:
( i ) By the Principal due to the Agent’s breach of the Agreement;
( ii ) By the Agent due to the Principal’s breach of the Agreement.
5. Compensation. The Parties agree that the Agent will be compensated as follows:
The Principal will pay $2 per small packages, $7 for Student bag, $1 for letter, and 15% drop- in to
6. Commission. The Principal will issue the Agent a commission check at the 15 th day of each month for
- Parties’ Relationship. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to create an employer-employee
relationship between the Principal and the Agent.
- Limitation of Liability. THE AGENT SHALL BE FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR PACKAGES
THAT ARE DROPPED OFF BY CUSTOMERS UNTIL THE PACKAGES ARE HANDED TO THE
PRINCIPAL ACCORDING TO THE AFOREMENTIONED SCHEDULE.
- Breach of Agreement. Having the Principal’s customers to use different shipping services is
prohibited unless the Principal issues its written consent. Failure to adhere to this term amounts to a
fundamental breach of the agreement.
10. Legal and Binding Agreement. This Agreement is legal and binding between the Parties as stated
above. The Parties each represent that they have the authority to enter into this Agreement.
11. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. The Parties agree that this Agreement shall be governed by the
State and/or Country in which both Parties do business. In the event that the Parties do business in
different States and/or Countries, this Agreement shall be governed by …………… law.
12. Entire Agreement. The Parties acknowledge and agree that this Agreement represents the entire
agreement between the Parties. In the event that the Parties desire to change, add, or otherwise modify
any terms, they shall do so in writing to be signed by both parties.
The Parties agree to the terms and conditions set forth above as demonstrated by their signatures as
At Legal writing experts, we would be happy to assist in preparing any legal document you need. We are international lawyers and attorneys with significant experience in legal drafting, Commercial-Corporate practice and consulting. In the last few years, we have successfully undertaken similar assignments for clients from different jurisdictions. If given this opportunity, The LegalPen will be able to prepare the legal document within the shortest time possible. You can send us your quick enquiry ( here )