Report this service

Motion to Substitute Party

Service Description


A Motion to Substitute Party is a legal procedure used to replace one party with another in an ongoing case, often due to significant changes such as death, incapacity, or other relevant circumstances.


Before filing, review the court’s rules and regulations pertaining to the substitution of parties. The motion must clearly outline the reasons for the substitution and demonstrate its necessity for the accurate representation of involved parties.

How to Draft:

  • Start with a clear statement of your request to substitute one party for another.
  • Provide detailed reasons for the substitution, ensuring they are valid and relevant to the case.
  • Cite any applicable legal authorities or case laws that support your motion.
  • Ensure the motion adheres to the court’s specific rules regarding format and content.


Once drafted, file the motion with the court clerk, along with any required fees. Serve copies to all relevant parties as dictated by court rules. The court will then review the motion and make a ruling based on its merits.


A Motion to Substitute Party is a vital legal step when changes in circumstance necessitate the replacement of one party with another in a legal proceeding. By understanding the court’s requirements, carefully preparing your motion, and following proper filing procedures, you increase the likelihood of the court granting your motion, thereby ensuring the legal process proceeds smoothly.